Merry Christmas!

For Christmas I could handle that.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s hot in the South for it to be Christmas time.

2 Likes

Yeah, it feels like one of those “trying to be fall but not fully succeeding” days here. 60% humidity! :persevere:

Our house backs up to the golf course, which has already closed for the day due to the holiday. A whole bunch of families out for a little “light trespassing”. :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

46 and rainy in SF Bay Area. If we got to mid 60s, the prime rib would have gone in the Weber outside. Way too cold for anything to cook in the Weber as the temperature starts dropping.

Right now, we have to line things up to get the prime rib, salmon, garlic knots, and apple turnovers into the oven. Gotta go get the knots baked first!

7 Likes

More “light trespassing” :laughing:

12 Likes

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone!

Not a whole lot of Disney in our gifts, but there was a Black Panther Lego set.

18 Likes

Love those Jammie’s!

5 Likes

Merry Christmas! Haven’t been on here in awhile but want to wish you all a happy holiday. And, I found out I’m going to be a grandma!

23 Likes

Congrats!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas, Liners!

15 Likes

Merry Christmas!!!

:christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree::christmas_tree:

We had a slow morning here. Christmas is a different animal when the “kids” are 16yo and 20yo. We slept in until almost 9am!!.. and the kids tend to have fewer, but more $$ gifts.

I won some major awesome mom points in managing to find a PlayStation 5 for the 16yo. He asked for a PS4, but only because he didn’t think I would be able to find a 5.

My ADR training served me well. Three browser windows (including incognito mode) and the phone app all at the same time got me one of the consoles after two tries!

He loves it as I expected,… but what really showed just how excited he is about it is that he asked dh to take this picture. Ds hasn’t voluntarily agreed to have a picture taken in at least five years!!!

Dh did a great job with my Christmas list :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and I now have my Mickey & Minnie nuiMOs ready for my trip next month!

Yummy dinner of prime rib and I may be too full for dessert.

Hope everyone’s holidays were whatever they wanted them to be (happy, restful, festive, quiet, etc). :christmas_tree:

19 Likes

I just bought those jams for my son for next year!

3 Likes

It is!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Very little Disney under our tree, too, this year. Though, I did give DD17 a Gargoyles board game.

3 Likes

We had freezing rain all day. Cold and messy, and treacherous for travel. We hosted and everyone made it though!

3 Likes

Is fire not equally hot despite the ambient temperature? Or is a Weber not a grill?

3 Likes

Caution! If his pals do not have a 5 as well, he has to be quite cognizant of which version of any game he buys. He can’t buy the straight up PS5 version because if his pals have 4s they can’t play together. Don’t ask me how I know. Ask my kid :laughing: Fortunately we have been able to exchange the games he got last weekend for the adaptable version.

1 Like

Ds is on an eSports team at school and his coach actually gave me a list of everything we needed over and above the console (controller, back up hard drive, specific games, etc).

There were a mixture of 4 & 5 games, including the main one they play on the team, Tekken 7 which is pretty old and currently a 4 game. I think for what he will play online, he should be okay…but thank you for the heads up!!

Note: Dd20 has a PS4 and something they were discussing yesterday was that the games that are currently available in 4 & 5 versions were originally designed for 5, but since the availability of the PS5 console has been restricted for so long, they “dumbed down” the games so they could be sold for/played on the PS4. Unfortunately, it has made many of these games “glitchy” on the PS4. Dd has had nothing but problems with the Miles Morales Spiderman game on the PS4. I will have ds test it on the PS5 to see if it fixes the glitch issues.

Yesterday we had ds open a PS4 game first (that could be played in his sister’s PS4), and then had him open a PS5 game. The look on he face when he realized it was priceless! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes