Mental Floss - a trip report

We’ve all heard about doing things on a shoestring budget. Our December trip wasn’t even that flush - it was a tie wrap budget.

This trip the budget is even thinner - hence the floss. The Mental part is because one of us has finally had enough and retired. Which is where the Mental Floss comes in - removing all the dreck from working too many hours for too many weeks doing too many things for too many unappreciative folks. Lots of Mental Floss needed.

Thus our 6 full days schedule includes 3 resort days intermixed with 3 park days involving lots of loafing and lounging.

We’re on the road this Wednesday afternoon for a half day. Overnight Thursday with family in Alabama. Hoping to arrive at Saratoga Springs about mid-afternoon Friday, 17 May. Departing Friday, 24 May after a late breakfast at Cape May. We is me and my awesome sister. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As some may recall I was writing a poem or two last month. Here’s one that is always so appropriate for me at the start of a road trip.

Anticipation

Dread floods through every cell,
Panicked fears of disaster
Push away sage thoughts.
Until we’re in the car and
Vacation is ok after all.

Finally, here’s Jimmy with Mental Floss. We’re both fans. When her Cheeseburger in Paradise sweatshirt obtained a grease spot, she left it alone.

44 Likes

Safe travels. Have all the fun and congrats to Kim! :tada:

7 Likes

Safe travels lovely!

I hope you have the very best time. Can’t wait to hear all about it!!

:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I am so happy you are doing a trip report! I hope you and Kim have the best time. I’m excited to see what hijinks you two get up to! Just wish I could be there to help. :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Yay, you’re doing a trip report! Congratulations to Kim! Safe travels!

7 Likes

Have fun! Not long after you return home, my family will be gearing to go. Keep the benches warm for us. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Have a great trip @janamelia :yellow_heart:

6 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Yay.
I’m happy for you.
Safe travels dear friend!

3 Likes

Have the best trip! Lots of loafing and lounging sounds like a nice, relaxing trip. Sad that you are leaving the day we arrive though!

4 Likes

Wohoo! :partying_face: Have the best time @janamelia !!

2 Likes

@janamelia I can’t wait to see this TR! Wish I could be there with you!

4 Likes

Safe travels. Hope you have a great trip.

3 Likes

Yay! Safe travels and have the best trip!!

4 Likes

We’ve left the interstate and are driving around in the wilds of Alabama’s back roads en route to our family’s place. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Except we’re currently parked at a Dollar General out in the middle of nowhere getting ginger ale and the flat of small waters we forgot to put on the Wal-Mart order for tomorrow. :woman_facepalming:

19 Likes

Glad you and Kim can have another trip together at WDW! Loafing and lounging inside the bubble are fantastic activities. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Happy Disney Day @janamelia !! Safe and smooth travels on the home stretch. Have a fabulous trip and congratulations to your sister. Love that you are celebrating together :heart:

9 Likes

On our way!

Current situation

We’re just south of Montgomery heading to Dothan.

10 Likes

:grimacing: At least there’s no storm watches or warnings. Safe travels!

4 Likes

I see you signed up for a free car wash along the way. :boar:

I hope you get to the clear skies quickly so you can have an easier drive.

11 Likes