Memorial Day

Planning a 2 day visit for Memorial Day week, and the TP Crowd Calendar predicts one of the lowest crowd levels of the week on the holiday. That seems a little counterintuitive to me. Anyone have personal experience doing Disneyland on Memorial Day?
Second related question: 4 Grad Nights are scheduled that week - how hard so we try to avoid them?

1 Like

I have been on Memorial Day (including 2019) and it isn’t as bad as some other holidays, but I would be skeptical of it being less crowded than surrounding days. The reason it might say that on the crowd calendar is because of the proportion of guests that are Magic Key holders (locals), ie, subject to blackout days. Holidays tend to be blackouts (haven’t checked to see how Memorial Day is treated, although I remember the Saturday before is blacked out for most pass types). I would pack your patience for Memorial Day and be happy if it is anything less than a zoo. But it won’t be Thanksgiving / Christmas bad by any means. (In general summer is less busy than you’d think.)

Grad Nights are not too bad at Disneyland, but evenings at DCA can be rowdy. I would plan to be at DL for the evening (some attendees go to both parks, but those holding the special tickets are limited to DCA and only for the evening).

1 Like