Memorial Day thru first week of June TRIP REPORT!

Yes! I think you said you were on the other side of BCV?

We were pretty close to the elevator that is halfway down the building near the entrance to the BCV pool.

Sounds like such a fun trip!! I can sympathize with the whole splitting up of people due to nervousness. My dream is for all of the kids to be tall enough to ride all of the things and to also WANT to ride all of the things. Here’s hoping…

I agree with you on SAB. We were there in May as well and I also have 4 kids but a couple years younger than your set (ours are 10, 8, 6 and 5) and felt particularly nervous when one of them wanted to do the lazy river. My kids, however, loved it and have already requested a repeat stay there in the future!

Thank you so much for sharing your adventures with us!

3 Likes

Oh is this not inevitable?! I guess I’ll keep hoping! :joy:

2 Likes

Fantastic report! I am always reminding myself to focus on the positive things that are happening. You all did get a lot done! And sounds like everyone had a great time. It’s hard for us planners to see things not completely go to plan, but rolling with it and enjoying yourselves and your time together is the main thing. So way to go!

The frozen Pina Colava is maybe my favorite drink ever. I want one now, but alas I am at work and not a Disney pool.

The animation experience is so fun! I’m glad you made time for that, but it does eat away a lot of the day.

ROTR is awesome! So glad you got BG’s both days!

AKL Kidani and Jambo are amazing. I’ve stayed at both and I really don’t care that they’re far away. I would always stay there given a choice. But if you do stay, you have to plan for down time at the hotel so you can enjoy the savanna.

Thanks for sharing!

6 Likes

Thank you! And yes Pina Colavas are the BEST! And I think AKL is officially going on my future trip wishlist.

2 Likes

It’s on my list too but honestly I really want to try Grand Floridian or Poly Villas first…I want that extra fancy shower…

1 Like

I wish I could give this four :heart:'s instead of just the one on each post! I really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you for posting it!!! I’m terrified of the Skyliner and was kind of happy to hear I’m not the only one!

4 Likes

Aww Thank you :smile:

Great trip report! Fun to read others experiences that were there similar dates!

FWIW, we were a party of 6 in January 2020, and they would sometimes pop 1-2 other people on Skyliner with us. It always felt very awkward.

3 Likes

You got so much done! We overlapped a day or two (we were at YC) and didn’t accomplish nearly as much as you did. I’m impressed! Such a fun trip report to read. I should do one but haven’t been able to corral my thoughts from the trip yet. It didn’t go according to plan, for sure. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you! A lot of us were there at the same time - I tried to keep up with all the trip reports and take my notes at the end of each day. But it’s taken me a week of ignoring the kids to write this one :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes I tried to keep up with everyone’s reports to see how others were feeling about what was going on!

1 Like

Picture me chanting: Trip Re-Port! Trip Re-Port! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I really enjoyed reading your trip report. It sounds like you all had a great time and made a lot of great memories. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like