Memes and Jokes (Part 3)

14 Likes

What about when you live practically equidistant between two stations?

4 Likes

To be fair, I did take out the dusting cloth and pledge on Sunday. I had good intentions but then got distracted. It will sit on my nightstand for at least another week before getting used :joy:

9 Likes

Sounds like standard protocol to me. Carry on.

5 Likes

15 Likes

I encouraged my kids to jump in puddles :joy:

6 Likes

My mom did too! Every time it rained me and all the kids from the neighborhood out there riding our bikes thru disgusting street water puddles wading thru the creek. Never got sick or bit by a water moccasin so good parenting. Lol. But I’d come home soaking wet and muddy and my mom didn’t say a word. Now when I was playing Mario Bros on the Nintendo dad bought me against her will, I’d get a whole lot of: go outside and play; you’ve been on that thing for an hour!

6 Likes

10 Likes

Maybe she doing all that to avoid dusting.

5 Likes

I see what you did there. For both…

4 Likes

We had a very low spot on the sidewalk- about 4 feet wide- we would all put our old clothes on and play in it. It wasn’t really muddy or anything. It was mostly surrounded by other cement. Big enough for 4 of us to sit in :smile: Not quite sure what we actually did though.

4 Likes

Monsoon season in AZ there would be rivers running down the middle of the street! We used to play in that all the time as long as there wasn’t lightning. It was so fun, but the gunk in that water makes me shudder to think about now.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t play in flood waters anymore, lol. We used to as well. But now I understand what exactly is in the water including the backing up of drains and stuff. IDK how we even survived :joy:

5 Likes

Our floods (flash floods) are a little different than yours. I don’t think there was any danger of drains backing up. But the oil and gas from cars was probably not great to be bathing in.

7 Likes

13 Likes

Yeah this was what I was playing in!

5 Likes

My Catholic friend always gives up sweets. So this is sucky for her!

5 Likes

I totally read this as moonshine season.

7 Likes

19 Likes

Definitely! We have flash flood warning but it’s not the same at all. We do have canal and river/bayou overflows that can create movement but most of the urban area flooding is due to the fact that we just can’t pump the water out the “bowl”. So when it floods, that water in full of everything that’s in the canals, bayous, ponds, sewers, etc. It includes all the oils and chemicals. The real risk is infection but no real rushing water or suprises. It’s very gradual (normally). The lake that I love to swim in during late spring/ early summer is really only safe and “clean” when we haven’t had rainfall. After a rainfall unfortunately the runoff makes the water unsafe.

4 Likes