Memes and Jokes (Part 3)

LOL, my now hubby showed up like 3 hours early to our first date and pinged me to let me know I could come early if I wanted. I had two kids and a sitter (aka my mom’s) to drop them off at a certain pre-designated time sooooooo he waited a long time for me. I always teased him about that and that he was then sitting there at the coffee shop near the restaurant we were going to on his ipad (which were brand new at the time) and he had to stop by his Lexus to put it in the trunk on the way to the restaurant (ahem he was peacocking…I can financially take care of you cuz look at this disposable income!) LOL

9 Likes

Yeah I missed that it flipped to a new thread and am 10 hours behind!

9 Likes

Speaking of Valentines from the cat …

16 Likes

I saw this and thought of you @Jeff_AZ since DW likes Jane Austen and I believe one of DDs is named Jane.

20 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I’m pretty sure they will appreciate that!

5 Likes

Love this! :rofl::rofl::rofl: And DW will appreciate it for sure. I just sent it to her. Lol

8 Likes

16 Likes

I can see why it was marked wrong though

That clock is kind of big.

12 Likes

You know they had an old analog clock in the scary surgery room when I got appendicitis at Disneyland. Otherwise I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen one?

3 Likes

A flip clock like this?

7 Likes

Our house has a ton of analog clocks scattered about. To our kids they are quaint decorations. For my wife and I, it is a way to tell time. :slight_smile:

(They can read analog clocks if pressed to, but they will go out of their way to either pull out their phone or use the microwave oven’s digital in order to avoid having to think about what the analog hands mean!)

6 Likes

Lol

Alarm clocks are also dead! I remember being awoken to whatever the DJ was playing at 6am on KLBJ Rock 93.7. Awh FM radio when you listened to what someone else wanted you to.

8 Likes

I was sick the day in kindergarten when we learned about analog clocks. We learned about it other days, too so I eventually caught on, but i attribute that to why I struggle to tell time immediately when looking at the clock. I always have to think about it.

Same thing happened with my 7 and 8 times tables. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

10 Likes

I love clocks! I have a few here and there. I wish I had more but the ticking bothers DH at night.

5 Likes

My mom is a big clocks as decoration person. It drives me effing nuts! Sometimes when she’s changing out seasonal decor (a lot of which is under my bed or in my closet at their house) she’ll put a clock or 2 back in my room to store. I have gotten out of bed and rummaged through boxes under the bed in the middle of the night to get rid of them. She thinks I’m crazy, but that noise drives me batty.

7 Likes

No.

That’s … so much pressure and depression

Not even the noise which would make me so angry all the time but the passing of time and whether you’re on time or late or early or what time it is vs what time you want it to be

No

3 Likes

:joy: So I had to take the batteries out of the one in our bedroom. It’s purely decorative now. The clock it the spare room ends up in the living room if DH spends the night in there. The other rooms are living or day use areas so he deals with it.

5 Likes

I like clocks that have interest. My 2 favorite clocks are one that looks like the world map, rich in colors and unique. The other has plenty of cog wheels- modern but old world looking. I only have 1 clock per room (except the kitchen).

5 Likes

My grandmother’s home was full of clocks and one old nickle slot machine :rofl::heart:. All kinds of different clocks but mostly Cuckoo. Beautiful black forest ones. She had learned how to repair them along with slot machines. Spending the night at her house as a little kid was comforting. Not all clocks would sound at the hour. The ticking I didnt notice until high school and could definitely not sleep with all that ticking anymore :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

8 Likes