Memes and Jokes (Part 2)

The name of everything in the town is Redundant. (At the risk of responding to a rhetorical / joking question. :joy:)

7 Likes

To be fair, with all our taxes that billion would only be a couple hundred million anyway.

5 Likes

Iā€™m always an 8 in the morning and then a 9 by lunchtime. Then Iā€™m a 4 after work.

8 Likes

Americans always mentally cut the winnings in half due to taxes. So $1,000,000 is really just $500,000, which could be life-changing to many, but it doesnā€™t allow one to immediately retire.

$1 billion is quite an absurd amount and no one needs that, nor should a random Joe be charged with managing that amount of wealth. The people who have billions of dollars are really asset managers in addition to be obscenely wealthy.

If I were to choose an ideal amount for myself, I would take $8 million. Itā€™s enough for me to retire immediately and also have lots of money to blow on irresponsible travel, and to have some to share with close family and friends.

If I did get $1 billion for some reason, I would sponsor a trip to WDW for anyone who hearts this reply.

32 Likes

I am with @OBNurseNH on this one. I donā€™t think labeling everything means it is redundant unless EVERYTHING labeled was super obvious. But it would have been redundant if the image also included a legend that showed what each of the ā€œsymbolsā€ on the map meant.

5 Likes

I love that said a trip to WDW. Although I would also accept DL, a cruise, an adventures by Disney trip, a trip to parks around the world, etc.

7 Likes

Aw, man. Thatā€™s not fair! :wink:

9 Likes

This was a test just for you! :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

DH says Ā£25m, Iā€™d settle for Ā£10m.

What did you say?

5 Likes

I was going to say that sounds extravagant compared to the $8 million I said, but cost of living is higher in the UK, so itā€™s probably not far off. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can I get this instead? Disney Parks Around The World ā€“ A Private Jet Adventure | Adventures by Disney Itā€™s a drop in the bucket reallyā€¦

5 Likes

All the labels contain 2 words meaning the same thing, thatā€™s what is redundant, not the labelling per se.

5 Likes

Well I was hoping we could have a giant Liner meet, but that does look fun!

6 Likes

I mean with 1.5 billion I think we could take all 75 spotsā€¦thatā€™s only 8.25mil.

5 Likes

You explained it much better than I did. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Hmm. I see. Although, doesnā€™t work for all of the words, so I guess I didnā€™t notice that. ā€œShorelineā€ and ā€œstreet trafficā€? And not all ā€œvehiclesā€ are public ā€œtransportationā€, etc. So, the inconsistencies kind of spoiled the humor. For me, at least.

3 Likes

All vehicles are transportation, traffic is always on the street. I guess I didnā€™t explain it perfectly but I was forgetting how you overthink everything!

8 Likes

Iā€™m with you. I donā€™t need $1 billion, but I do think about all the good I could do if I had that. Of course it would be life changing, but I think of who I could help.
Side note: Iā€™d totally set up a Liner trip for all of yaā€™ll too. We could do one in FL and one in CA. Can you rent out the park is that a thing? Iā€™d do that for all yaā€™ll too.

11 Likes

Thank goodness.

Can we heart it twice?

11 Likes

Donā€™t worry - Don would be invited. (Oh, and you, too, I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

6 Likes