Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

:nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Are people just not into the Cthulhu spirit?

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

13 Likes

You all think this is funny, but my husband came home from the Asian market with an octopus last week, and when I asked him what it was for, he said, “Thanksgiving.” I thought it was a bit odd at the time, but whatever. No one is making me eat it, right? Now I am horrified. :scream:

imo, the only proper use for an octopus outside the ocean is on the ice at a Red Wings game

5 Likes

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I mean octopodes (yeah, that’s right, I know the plural) are totally gross, but what kind of grotesque cruelty is this?

3 Likes

It’s a tradition that started in Detroit in the 1950s during the NHL playoffs-- the eight legs symbolize the eight games that it took to win the Stanley Cup at the time (it now takes sixteen games). Proper etiquette is to boil them first with a little lemon juice before throwing them on the rink. It’s technically illegal, but people still do it.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought.

2 Likes

The plural of octopus ISN’T octocats??? :exploding_head::exploding_head: Learning every day here!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

This one is for @missoverexcited @Shmebulock and our other UK friends.

13 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

I think I’m laughing harder at the autocorrect one though. That’s funny! :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

:rofl: The England one is perfect.

7 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

11 Likes

Don’t get the teabag one?

1 Like

I hope this reply finds you well!

4 Likes

This may only make sense to a certain population that remembers old commercials

grandma