Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

16 Likes

This is obviously true for me, but it’s not just because it’s Disney.

I cannot take prices in dollars seriously. No matter how high they are, it just doesn’t feel expensive. Plaza Gardens Dessert Party (remember those): $69 + tax? Sure sign me up. For two. I’ll have a back-up one. MNSSHP: $139 + tax? Yup. Ooh, and I’ll add the dessert party and parade viewing upcharge, too.

I was watching a DFB video this evening and AJ was going on again about the price rise of the spring rolls at MK. What are they now? $9.99 for two? And I was thinking, “What’s your point, AJ?”

This might all be because I’m horrible at managing my personal finances. (Surely not. Did you not hear me cancel my cruise?) Or because spending credit card money is just too easy.

But it might be because you tag the dollar at whatever price it was when you first started spending them. For me that was in 1977 when the rate was about $2 to £1. So you just halved the number to get the price. And I think I still do that. Except it’s currently about $1.40 to £1. Plus tax.

In fact, I realised that by the time you take tax and the tip into account, the menu price in dollars is the price you pay in pounds. So, not half. Yikes, those character breakfasts really aren’t cheap, are they.

10 Likes

I do the same as you when I convert the prices - I just don’t do the upcharges.

4 Likes

14 Likes

One of us had the wisdom to be single and childless.

4 Likes

I’m just tight.

4 Likes

TWSS

(I’m usually not this dirty, but couldn’t leave that sitting there either. :wink:)

14 Likes

That’s obscene!!! :joy:

11 Likes

But funny :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I, for one, appreciate you stepping up and taking advantage of this TWSS opportunity. It takes a village.

16 Likes

It’s always the most religious ones.

10 Likes

:rofl: I can’t argue with that.

6 Likes

Do our British friends get the cowbell sketch reference? How famous is that gem? Has that reached a Monty Python dead parrot sketch level of recognition?

2 Likes

Not sure I do :thinking:
What post is it referenced in?

6 Likes

You should. Either @ezed62 or I have played it several times over the years.
MORE COWBELL

7 Likes

!!!

3 Likes

Well crap. What’s up with the UK. Not letting anything through.
Try YouTube look up more cowbell and its the SNL sketch.
Sorrty

3 Likes

They aren’t funny over there. We are only funny here.

9 Likes

Not true!!
There’s always Monty Python :rofl:
The above-mentioned sketch

11 Likes

Apparently Canadians don’t get to see it either.
No Free Trade for Funny.

5 Likes