Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

We prefer Trader Joe’s Creamy PB.

@ryan1 the camp my son attended for 8 years didn’t allow peanut butter and he has had a PB&J every day for lunch at school/camp since preschool! I had him try almond butter and sun butter for camp and while I personally preferred the taste of the almond butter, he far prefers the sun butter. Apparently, the sun butter mimics the consistency of PB (but I think it tastes horrid!) and the almond butter is too “gritty.”

Same issue here - now I just get my PB fix at the office and then go full Silkwood before heading home.

4 Likes

My kids eat sunbutter. I can’t stand the taste, though, so much prefer almond butter. Soy nut butter is another one the kids will eat, but I hate that.

2 Likes

This is a family page so I won’t use the words I usually do to describe the horrifically bad taste of sun butter.
My ds is at a different summer program this year that is okay w/ PB,so we didn’t have to buy any for the first summer since 2012!

1 Like

I never disliked sun butter too much - but it is surely not my favorite either.

We found you really need to watch the expiration dates - when we got fresh jars at one location it was actually pretty good. When we got ones that we discovered must have been on shelf for a long while, I thought it tasted like pencils. Mmmm, pencils.

Funnily enough, my DD14 especially finds the texture and smell too close to PB and just the thought of it makes her skin crawl. DS18 kind of likes it I think.

We just tried the chocolate version for the first time and that was surprisingly good - although I suppose that’s true if you cover almost anything in chocolate. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

9 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

13 Likes

4 Likes

13 Likes

10 Likes

15 Likes

12 Likes

16 Likes

5 Likes