Memes and Jokes (Part 1)

This really just happened. And if this ain’t so on point for 2021…

10 Likes

I never asked for the blurring I don’t think.

3 Likes

16 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yes something DEFINITELY went wrong this year.

5 Likes

And my DD!:joy:

3 Likes

Being the nerd that I am, I went back and checked, and you are correct, it was @ryan1 that started it all (I’m not sure if this is the right way to include the link, but this is my attempt at citing my source :joy:)

3 Likes

That’s a good idea!

3 Likes

Yeah I was raised trees goes up the day after thanksgiving and come down the day after New Years. Those are the rules y’all. :wink:

3 Likes

But the 12 days of Christmas are from Dec 25 to January 6. Ergo until Jan 6 (Epiphany) is proper.

6 Likes

There are years mine may have still been up in Feb. lol. So sometimes I was right. ;-). We’ll until Jan 7th. And many years when I was fostering puppies I did not put one up (well a small table topper) because the dogs literally were eating it.

2 Likes

So the tree goes up on Dec 25?

1 Like

Growing up we did the first Sunday of Advent.

But theoretically/historically yes - the tree would be revealed on Dec 25 and up through Jan 6.

3 Likes

My DH always wants to keep the tree after Christmas, put in front yard and make it a “Mardi Gras” tree. Im and in the Jan 6th camp.

3 Likes

YES.
:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

I’ve thought about Doing seasonal ornaments. So then it’s Vday, St Pats, Easter, Memorial Day thru Labor Day covering fourth etc.

4 Likes

That seems like a lot of effort to go the lazy route.

4 Likes

Growing up we had a cathedral ceiling in the main entry room of our house (dining room then living room over the years) and our Christmas tree would go at the highest point in the room.

It was always a real tree, and generally was about 15’ tall.

Mom was a stickler about keeping it up until January 6th (Little Christmas or Three Kings Day) so even though she started decorating the day after Thanksgiving, the tree would go up a few weeks later.

We did get a less than fresh tree one year that dried out so much that we couldn’t bend any of the branches and it wouldn’t fit back out the front door! Dad had to use a chain saw to chop it up inside the house. Mom was less than pleased!

As part of our Christmas tradition. The nativity would be set up with an empty manger and the three wise men w/ their camels would be far across the room. On Christmas Eve, the manger would be filled, and each day the wise men and camels would get closer… arriving on January 6th.

Unfortunately, our house is far too small for most of what I grew up with. While our tree is real, it is only 5’ tall and doesn’t go up until at least the second weekend in December (ds16’s birthday is the first week and we keep them separated). The manger is empty until 12/24, but we don’t have enough space for wandering wise men. I do keep it all up until January 6th.

I am currently searching for a new angel tree topper. We had a simple light up angel that wore a simple lace dress for over 25 years but she needed vti be replaced. I found an okay one on Amazon a few years ago, but the lights went bad last year and she didn’t work at all this year.

If anyone has any insight in where to look for angel tree toppers that aren’t huge (12" or so would be ideal), or overly decorative/fancy (simple lace dress), I would appreciate any ideas. :sunglasses::fairy::christmas_tree:

3 Likes

But May through Sept is all just red, white and blue? That’s like more than a third of the year with just one tree?!?!

4 Likes

16 Likes

15 Likes