Meanwhile, while waiting for the apocalypse

If you have multiple Disney Gift Cards, you can use Disney’s Gift Card website to consolidate balances across multiple cards to a single card (or up to 5 cards). You can also check your Gift Card Balances in real time:

https://disneygiftcard.com/

So, in my case, I had about 12+ different Disney Gift Cards (most were $50 cards) that all told came to about $700. So what I did was create a single card that I placed most of the balances onto, and then I consolidated some of the money to three different cards (one for each my kids) which contains the “budgeted” amount I’m giving them for snacks/souvenirs.

And then, as recommended by someone else (sorry…forget now who) I keep one EMPTY card so that if we lose/drop one of the gift cards, we can immediately transfer the balance to the empty card rather than consider it lost money.

4 Likes

Yeah, I had no idea about this website. Definitely will need to use it…whenever it is I can go back again.

Brilliant!
Thanks!

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!! I know you will be safe :mask:, take lots of pics to share. :heart_eyes:

Have a great time!!

Agreed! Glad you are this close @ryan1. I’m sorry for the Covid-cloud, but you’re packing the right attitudes.

2 Likes

Have a blast ! Disney being careful and safe … hopefully it will be a nice break from all the panic in the last 4 months … I hope you can enjoy and it ends up being worth the money … (we are going next spring … booked it for spring 2020, fall 2020, then spring 2021 … I know it costs a fortune ) . But the memories and magic will last forever

Given the marked increase in bear sightings in FL, it may not be entirely unrelated…

2 Likes

Did you mean everyone on the forum piled on and told you that you were selfish? If that is true then I am a selfish so-and-so too. We leave in the morning and will be at my happy place by 10am. If anyone made you feel bad for going, maybe they should just mind their own business.

1 Like

It kinda doesn’t make sense for people to hound someone for going to Disney…on a Disney board :crazy_face: I’m going in September. Even though everyone’s like the border won’t be open…apparently no one watches the news - Canadians can fly to the US.

We have Asymptomatic testing here. So I too plan to be tested before. On return, I’ll be required to 14 day quarantine. So if I get it, I won’t be able to spread it. (I don’t want to get it - I will be taking all precautions)

1 Like

Exciting stuff. Looking forward to you resurrecting the “Where in the World…” thread. :wink:

Did you play around with a touring plan at all? I’m curious, since everything is such an unknown right now, whether there are any numbers coming out that are not based on old stats.

Have a great trip.

Each day I am taking screenshots of all the wait times so that I can plan. Right now, no real plans is necessary…but Hollywood Studios is the one enigma, so I will play with a Touring plan for our HS days.

1 Like

While true, a plan is a must for some of us (OCD much)

I’m getting park tickets Tuesday so I’ll be able to make park reservations for our rescheduled to December trip. First day is Monday so thinking AK, then Epcot, HS and MK. As for in park attractions we’d prob go from older to newer. I really can’t see us spending all day in a park. We’ll have to form new habits. :exploding_head:

Maybe. It’s a long way to December.

Looking forward, in the meantime, to reports from folks who’ll be already there.

I totally understand. I have made some many touring plans and thrown them out it in a ridiculous. But this August trip is going to be so light of crowds that planning will be minimal. We are still planning things like food and budget, and figuring which rides to go to first. But that’s about it.