Me Time

DH has heated up the cream cheese pretzel I bought home for him from DL. He has it on our new Disney plate!

I’m joining his snack with a mug of tea!

We ate the ears off of our sourdough bread! The bread was oh so delicious! :yum:

ETA photo I forgot to upload. Mickey looks kinda strange without his ears!:grin:

9 Likes

I started with the last day of my 3-day trip to DLR. I’m going to share a bit from my first two days.

I didn’t start a TR because mathhound was there at the same time and she had a TR going already. But since she wasn’t gonna continue her TR live and I had time to kill on Friday, I started my TR. Now, I feel the need to fill in a bit from my first 2 days at DLR.

This trip almost didn’t happen because I wasn’t sure I could take the days off from work and then I had a sudden medical issue. I decided to go to DLR after I got a decent medical report and my big boss said that it was important to take care of me. Thus, the title to my TR, Me Time.

I started my trip on Monday, driving to Ridgecrest, to visit DS.

I made DS a supply of won tons for his freezer, a catfish dinner, and won ton noodles for lunch.

I left Ridgecrest for Anaheim on Tuesday.

I had to work on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Unfortunately, I left my laptop charger and the transformer to my iPhone at home! I fully charged my laptop, iPad, and iPhone with DS’s chargers before I left Ridgecrest.

8 Likes

On Wednesday, I started my DLR vacation. Here’s my welcome party:

I made my way to Plaza Inn for breakfast with @mathound, her DH, and Porg

10 Likes

I love the picture of Chip and Dale holding Chip and Dale!!! That made my day!!

6 Likes

I love to play with the characters! I sometimes bring Pooh honey packets, Tiger a packaged cake, Chip and Dale nuts, and Pluto a ball.

5 Likes

You are fantastic with the characters!! I know that we enjoyed our breakfast interactions much more because you had conversations with them! I just kind of smile and nod. :woman_facepalming::joy:

7 Likes

Thank you! I hope I was not an embarrassment to you and DH!:grimacing: I find it harder to play with the face characters.

4 Likes

No! Not at all!! It made it much more enjoyable than if we had been by ourselves!!

4 Likes

After breakfast, I made a reservation for IJ and hiked up to the Lion King Theater for my meeting. It was a good place. Toontown and IASW were both closed. So there was less foot traffic. I also didn’t have to worry about music blaring or people screaming.

After my meeting, I watched the Mad Hatter and Alice play Red Light Green Light with guests.

The line was short for my favorite sweet, which I hauled around for a couple of hours.

I was just about to scan in for IJ when my alarm went off. It was time to try to get into the virtual queue for WOC. I only had one phone so I have to count down the last minute in my head. I scored a first viewing of WOC!

I had to have one of these things:

I love Pooh and Eeyore but there is no way I would stand in the long line to take a selfie with them!

I played with the lenses.

PhotoPass

These Nuimos looked adorable in the cups! But the cups weren’t available for sale!

The last segment of Halloween still up on Wednesday but disappeared by Thursday.

Pot roast and salad at Plaza Inn. It was a very generous portion of meat!

Webslinger is just regular Genie+! :heart_eyes:

I want these 3 Munchlings but they are mystery packs at $14 a pop!

I managed one of these.

I showed up an hour before WOC. I stood at the railing between the splash zone and the dessert party.

I love WOC!:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Halloween!

I was tired! I bussed back to the hotel, responded to work emails while soaking my feet in Epsom salt solution!

10 Likes

I love the Wilderness Explorer lens! :joy:

3 Likes

Oh no, I thought I’ve seen those around for sale recently. Let me know if you want me to look. I do have one and was thinking of getting the other color. They aren’t very good for drinking out of b/c of their diameter and the slosh they create.

4 Likes

So sweet of you to offer! Isn’t it funny how we don’t something until we see it being used in a way that captures our attention? The cups wouldn’t be used for drinking. They will be areas for my boys to romp through! :laughing:

They currently romp in our Disney area.

If you happen to see them, please help me buy two, one for each boy! Please don’t go out of the way, though. I’ll send you money but if you can kindly hold on to them until February when I’m in WDW. I was planning to chase a firm meet up date and time with you anyway!

7 Likes

Yay, I hope our schedule’s work this time! I will grab some if I see them again and hold them for you. I always try to look at mugs because I (do not) need some more :laughing:

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You and me both!

1 Like

I’m 95% sure I saw these mugs in WOD yesterday!! Before I read this of course :wink:

3 Likes

I got a late start on Thursday because I had to work. I didn’t get to DL until 10:30 am. But I amazingly got onto HM with about a 15 minute wait time!

My tummy was hungry so I stopped for a snack. The return time was immediate. I grabbed some napkins and a fork, and snapped this picture before continuing my journey.

Pooh was only a 15 minute wait. I finished my snack in line. A fork helped me eat the beignets with less mess. I caused the guests around me to drool!

I decided not to buy Genie+ for the day since I got a bunch of rides done yesterday. And I just wanted to wander and do whatever caught my eye.

Darth Vader was interrogating guests. I sneaked past him to avoid interrogation!

I played some more with the Disney lenses.

I thought I would try for a WOC virtual queue again. I wanted the second show but how to I strategize that? I wanted to go on some rides during the first show. I again counted down the last minute in my head. And I got the first show, again! Oh well. At least I get to see WOC again.

I decided to have some food at Docking Bay, salad and dessert. I disliked the salad because it was over dressed. And the dessert tasted terrible! :disappointed: I wasted half of the salad and most of the dessert.

I snuck in Star Tours before I took the monorail to DTD. I have never taken the monorail at DL before! The windows in the monorail were open and the monorail went fast! My ears blew off!

I looked longingly at a number of the Creator Town sets. We have 4 sets but there is no space to display more sets! I loved the beautiful flower sets, too!

Here’s what we have on display.

DS has a number more sets he has no room to display including airplanes, a rocket, a space shuttle, and a few more train sets.

If they would only make the miniature version!

Then, I eyed the mystery packs. I wanted Chip, Dale, and Pluto but didn’t want to buy 3 and get none of what I wanted. A CM standing nearby asked me what I wanted. I told her. She was holding a mystery box in her hand. She said it was Dale. If I wanted it, she can go tape it and I can buy it. They can’t sell it if the seal is open. Dale has a toy!

I went to Magic Key Terrace for sliders. This is my first time here.

RISE was down. So I watched and listened to some cool music before taking the bus back to the hotel to check and respond to emails.

I returned to the park and made my way to RISE.

It took almost 30 minutes to get to BB8. By the time I was done with the ride, a total of 55 minutes had elapsed.

I wandered around for before heading to California Adventure.

I scanned into WOC around 8:15 and took a similar spot at the rail in the section between the splash zone and dessert party. I like WOC more than Fantasmic. I think it’s because I can see better, the projections are more clear, and I’m not sitting on the ground the entire time!

I enjoyed dessert with my boys before calling it a night.

It was a rather short day but I was tired.

My last day at DLR is actually live and comes first above! Thanks for reading!

11 Likes

Love this last photo dump!!!

So, glad you were able to sneak by :rofl:

2 Likes

:woman_facepalming:t4: But that was Kylo Ren not Darth Vader!

3 Likes

@stlouie What a great trip! I just loved see the castle with snow on the roof! I am so glad I have a couple of days planned in December. Loved all of your pictures.

3 Likes

:astonished: Gotta go watch my Star Wars movies again.

6 Likes