ME: Considering alternate options

Thanks,

On departure day we know we’ll save extra time b/c we have lunch at T Rex at Disney springs and we know that tends to run a little late and we don’t want to be scarfing down our food and worrying about transportation back to the resort, getting luggage at bell hop etc. and making the DME and then tapping our feet b/c we get to MCO earlier. Just trying to figure out if we save any time on arrival day since we may be able to get a discount if we do round trip

DME would pick you up at 5:00. That is 30 minutes to airport (5:30) ninety mi utes to gate (7:00) load at 7:30. You will pick up 30 minutes? I would take cab/Uber from. DS instead back to resort.

We missed our ME on our last trip and they made a big deal about having to check, but there was plenty of room on the next ME that we ended up taking. YMMV…

Well, 30 minutes if we aren’t one of the first people on the bus… I’ve heard mention that they may go back to 4 hours in advance during Spring Break and we can’t take an Uber from DS b/c our luggage would still be at the resort. It may end up being a little overkill but I think it will keep us from worrying about timing as much and we can enjoy our last day swimming and doing a little bit of DS since we wont hit there any other day.
I’m just curious about the day of arrival and getting a driver that day as well since we can get a small reduction in rate. Depending on where the Poly lands in their routes but I can’t seem to find anything recent mentioning routes online besides back in 2015 which I’m rendering useless since so much has changed.

No, I meant Uber from DS back to the resort so you do not have to worry about making it back. DME only would change if the airports says you need two hours to get through the lines.

I don’t understand that? It is almost always between 2 hours 50 minutes and 3 hours 5 minutes before your flight takes off (2 and 1/2 hours before boarding). I guess I have never found the difference between the first and last stop to make much of a difference.

I woke up realizing I hadn’t posted my experience with Happy Limo. I used them in October on a trip to Universal. Since I used them both ways I had a $5 discount. They were amazing! The drivers called/texted me on arrival/departure day. My flight to MCO was delayed over three hours but the driver was there- waiting for me.

On my return trip I scheduled the limo 2 1/2 hours before my flight. I had no checked bags and we are all TSA. I was able to get through the line and grab food before boarding. That was not the case for many, many others. People were very unhappy. The regular line was so long that if you did not miss your flight you had about 5 minutes to get to the gate. People were running to the gates. That is a stress I never would want to go through.

Well, we just realized our credit card reimburses for TSA pre check so guess we’ll be getting that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That makes a big difference ! I offered to pay for my son’s girlfriend to get it!