Me again 🙄 HS this time

Seriously could there be any more headliners at this park??

We want to ride all the usual suspects and there are tons of new rides since the last time we were in the park. New to us is Millennium Falcon, Rise of the Resistance and Runaway Railway. We would love to experience these of course. However we all want to ride ToT, RnR, SDD, Toy Story and Star Tours as well.

Should we rope drops SDD then back track to Railway? Also we do have two days at this park so we do have options.

2 Likes

Will you have Genie+?

Hubby wants to avoid it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just as a data point, we visited HS on July 15th which was a crowd level 5 day. We bought Genie+ but did not RD (arrived around 10:45 AM) or buy the Rise ILL. We were able to ride everything! Without Genie+, it could be a little more difficult, or if you’re there on a super crowded day. When is your trip?

2 Likes

If you have two days to RD, it shouldn’t be too bad. I will say though, that on our recent trip we chose to buy Genie+ at HS but not for any of the other parks. So if you have the option of buying it once, that might be where I would do it. You get more rides at MK, but you get more difficult, long-wait rides at HS.

3 Likes

We will be there August 20 & 21. CL 4 & 5

1 Like

SDD and Rise goes down a lot in the mornings. I’ve seen plenty of people say to RD the ToT/ RnR side first. But I suppose if you have 2 mornings. You could RD one of these one morning and pivot to MF or TSM if the ride is down first thing.
Personally I would take this approach:
Day 1 RD:
RnR, ToT, SDD, TSM
Day 2 RD:
MF, Rise, ST, MMRR

Be prepared for long lines without Genie+. This is probably the only park I would say LL’s are needed to avoid long lines. Most of the queues will have them within a hour of park open.

1 Like

I would do in this order:

• SDD
  • MMRR
  • MFSR
  • RNRC
  • ToT

Ride ST any time, maybe on your way out of the park for an afternoon break (or do shows in the afternoon). Ride TSM whenever the line is shorter, or wait till the evening. Ride RotR last thing.

2 Likes

Fair point. It sucks if you go to ride SDD and then it shuts down. But the line stays long all day, so there’s really no other option unless you get Genie+. Honestly, I think Genie+ has its best value at HS. If you’re going to get it one day, it would be for HS, IMO.

3 Likes

Great minds and all that jazz! :joy:

1 Like

This is actually what I was thinking tbh. We will likely only do SDD the one time.

1 Like

Good point. I think we will try to rope drop it the first day and if the day becomes a shit show then we can get G+ the second day to make it easier.

1 Like

There are basically 9 attractions at HS and at an hour wait per ride on average, you can get through them all in a 9-hour day, worst case scenario. If you can get out of one or two of the longer waits (Rise and SDD) with RD and end-of-day, you’ll be in good shape.

3 Likes

That is a great way to put it in perspective!

Thanks!

1 Like

Agreed!

3 Likes

DHS is a park that you almost have to have G+ for. It’s definitely worth it.

3 Likes