May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Very brave indeed. When my DS16 was DS7, he rode EE for the first time. He liked it so much and then rode again, and again, and then lost his lunch :nauseated_face:. I agree with whoever said try again in a few years :smiley: Glad to see you all having such a good time!

2 Likes

You’re all so dang cute!

6 Likes

I like your shirt. I’d be curious to hear (not now, later, other thread) what you’d like to see happen in that were it to be a thing. I really liked Solo a lot.

9 Likes

My DS (he’ll be 9 in July) was so looking forward to Hagrid’s but decided he wasn’t quite ready. He loved the Hulk though and I can’t imagine Hagrid’s being more intense than that. He really hates free falls and someone told him it was a 40 foot drop (it’s not) and he was out.

3 Likes

Hagrid is smoother and not as intense. It does go fast in some spots, but nothing like EE. He will love it!

My DD is very timid when it comes to new things. It required me buying her an I survived the Yeti T-shirt to attempt EE. She was in tears after the first ride, but later that day it was her new favourite.

6 Likes

I still love it, but definitely prefer to be in the front. I still don’t think it’s as bad as RnRC!

4 Likes

and my timid DD loved…LOVED…LOVED Hagrids!

2 Likes

Maybe? I thought it was pretty intense, but loved it. I worry that if he didn’t like EE he won’t like Hagrid’s. But maybe he’ll at least be willing to try?

3 Likes

My DS(then8) LOVED RnRC that same trip he hated EE. We went on it 3 times in a row, but when he wanted a fourth DH and I made excuses and he ended up going with us to find a new adventure.

2 Likes

Maharajah Jungle Trek! Took us a while to find the tiger. He was chowing down on a blood popsicle.

24 Likes

Does riding EE require you to be limber? I guess it will help. My parents enjoy it, they walk a bit but I wouldn’t call them fit.

5 Likes

I love that mountain! So photogenic.

4 Likes

What a beautiful family you have! We like Flame Tree, too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Those smiles! Too cute.

5 Likes

Same. EE is the only dry ride my DS8 won’t ride.

Same. My fam thinks I’m crazy for putting it above FOP. Fantastic pictures, btw.

2 Likes

I put it above FOP too. FOP would be third for me and EE/TOT tie for first place.

4 Likes

#same

3 Likes

Tree of Life from the Africa side is cool. And it has our native Arizonan favorite, the scorpion!

22 Likes

I have chronic back and neck pain and I find coasters harder with each passing year.

5 Likes

For UOA & IOA, I am thinking your DS is similar to my daughter. Here are our thoughts on which rides:

• Hulk - NO WAY
  • Hagrids - Yes (look at everything in the queue…a lot of surprises)
  • Flight of the Hippogriff - Yes (be ready for multiple rides)
  • Revenge of the Mummy - No (we made the mistake of trying this one. The hot room and the sudden acceleration got her)
  • Forbidden Journey - Maybe (You should have a discussion around spiders and being bobbed up and down quickly. You do not go upside down, but this one does give some people motion sickness)
  • Gringotts - Maybe (there are a couple of fast sections in the dark, but nothing upside down. Discuss it.)
  • Kong - Maybe (it is loud and there are a few spots where it rocks the vehicle. If he is afraid of a large ape screaming at him or some dinosaurs, then maybe not. If he can handle Dinosaur, then he should be good on this one).
  • Jurassic River Adventure - Maybe (This one has a large flume drop. Bigger than Splash and some pesky Raptors)
  • Dr. Seuss Trolley - YES
  • One fish, Two fish - Yes (Getting you primed from dumbo!)
  • Dudley and Popeye - Yes, make sure you are ready to get soaked and have a change of clothes ready!
  • Pteranodon Flyers- Yes (you are pretty high up)
  • Spider-man - Yes
  • Rip Ride Rocket - No Way (It goes upside down)
  • Simpsons - Yes (You will get rocked around quite a bit)
  • Jimmy Fallon - Yes
  • Twirl & Hurl - Yep
  • Woody Roller coaster - Yes

Just our thoughts, if they are big Harry Potter fans, they are going to love spell casting and all the shops!

5 Likes