May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Like vegetables. is that what you tell your kids ? :yum::wink::upside_down_face:

1 Like

are these found in other restaurants? b/c I wasn’t impressed w/ A & C

1 Like

I mean, really, by now we should know: if it’s a snack and we’re wondering who told us about it, it’s a very very good chance it was you. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Is that the chocolate waffle. I cannot make up my mind b/w that and the blueberry bacon pancakes. We’re eating there next week

3 Likes

My kids were especially grumpy this morning because they didn’t have their breakfast … so that we could go out for breakfast. :joy: But now that they have been fed they are in a very good mood. Catch 22! :joy:

10 Likes

No we just got the regular Mickey waffles.

DSIL tried the blueberry pancakes (she ordered without bacon, which is typically mixed into the batter), and enjoyed it. Not a rave review though. The server said the chocolate waffle is his favorite.

DBIL got the caramel apple French toast and licked the platter clean. We all had a taste and it was amazing. I don’t love caramel sauce, so if I had ordered I would have taken it dry - the apples were moist enough on their own.

13 Likes

Thanks for the review and the lean to the waffles :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I appreciate your commitment to the Genie schtick…

So when are we getting fireworks?

6 Likes

I’m a genie, I’m not a fortune teller!

(There’s apparently a massive shortage of fireworks globally right now (because of course there f’n is :roll_eyes:), but I’m pretty confident 7/4 should have SOMETHING. A nightly HEA show, however, might not happen for a while though. Not without Chapek sending prices of tickets through the roof to cover the cost.)

9 Likes

This is what it looks like when you arrive at International Gateway at 10:05 for an 11am opening.

We were about 10 minutes behind where I wanted to be, but at least we beat the Skyliner crush. They are now being held behind security.

16 Likes

The Skyliner crowd:

9 Likes

With the the skyliner now dumping 4 more resorts into International Gateway, I’m surprised IG didn’t get an overhaul that increased their gate size during the Skyliner construction

9 Likes

I had a skyliner CM at Rivera tell me that they hold ppl so that IG doens’t get slammed.

2 Likes

You know… now that you say that about short supply… there weren’t nearly as many roadside firework stands this past weekend. I live on the NC/SC border and normally there are tons of roadside stands in SC where they are legal. shakes fist at pandemic

5 Likes

soooo… we had virtually no flu, due to pandemic, and now will see fewer pyrotechnic injuries as well???

4 Likes

Look at you looking on the bright side of things :joy:

10 Likes

…sure… :wink:

3 Likes

If we just ignore the 600,000+ deaths in the US then…things are definitely looking good!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

oh my…I’d never over look those poor souls… :pensive: There was always going to be ‘collateral damage’ but I know it should never have been SO high. We failed them.

I hate the term collateral damage BTW, it’s dismissive and uncaring

6 Likes

You and @ryan1 are hereby charged with derailment.

Back to happy things!!!

13 Likes