May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Love that pic of you with dessert :joy:

4 Likes

Does this answer your question?!?! :grinning::rofl:

14 Likes

Ok next question: For our Epcot rope drop today, which ride should we go to first out of FEA and TT? I’m thinking FEA just because TT seems to not always open at rope drop?

3 Likes

Where did you find that?!? I’ve only seen the little pkg that @Jeff_AZ showed

1 Like

ASM gift shop. But I also saw it at the Poly when we were there. I’d never seen it until then either! When we were there in December they were still out of stock of them and I was so sad.

3 Likes

Definitely FEA

2 Likes

…but, are there really? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:cry:

I can’t be TOO sad… I mean, I throw out a LOT of good ideas. I can’t be expected to take credit for everything (totally gonna though) :rofl:

11 Likes

We went the opposite direction - HS to DS, via CBR. The bus stop is easily walkable to the Skyliner station, but there isn’t a good sidewalk. We did a little off-roading. I think there’s less walking than via BW, and going from DS, you don’t have the random bus wait.

My vote is to take whichever bus comes first to the DS lot.

2 Likes

Sorry about that @Randall1028 but I have not seen that trip report… maybe before I joined? I can only use the history that I know :wink:

3 Likes

Ok @ninjasherrie clearly has a love for the coconut patties, but it was definitely @Randall1028’s recommendation I was remembering (vaguely).

8 Likes

it’s fine. It’s fine. Big hug. Big group hug.

17 Likes

Wow, those have been a long time favorite of DW.

I used to always grab a box or two for her, but I over did it and now she’s moved onto other candy.

Not sure about current availability but the large boxes were used to be regularly stocked at the Emporium and Main Street Confectionery at MK.

Also seem to remember seeing them in most of the resort gift shops.

7 Likes

Breakfast at Ale & Compass. Mickey waffles are a hit with the kids. They were surprised it was actually Mickey waffles, not just shaped like Mickey. And these marshmallow s’more treats are cute if not practical.

20 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

I’m a big kid so I ordered the Mickey waffles as well. It’s not on the menu, but adults can order them. Kids get 2, adults get 3. They are better than I expected! I see why they have a cult following. My kids have eaten more at this meal than they have anywhere except perhaps RFC last night. (They are breakfast food eaters.)

The only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the sausage. It’s a little sticky in a not good way. But it tastes fine. The berry smoothie is good but I’m glad DW and I are sharing cause it’s way too much for me. Also not icy - it’s a yogurt consistency. I prefer icy smoothies.

18 Likes

Are they maple sausages? If so, the stickiness comes from the maple while cooking.

2 Likes

Ah that could be, though it wasn’t billed as such and doesn’t have a discernible maple flavor to me. It seems like a “meat” stickiness in the casing. Probably best not to think about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Too true. Sometimes the food we eat, when you really THINK about it, really seems gross. So…just enjoy it and move along. :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t think they are. Granted it was three weeks ago that I had them. I like breakfast sausage of all varieties and I’m with Jeff that these just weren’t the best. The chocolate waffles on the other hand?!

9 Likes