May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

:rofl:

You are amazing. Just putting that out there for today’s dose of Bubblez Love.

1 Like

aww%20shucks

3 Likes

Okay. You know I’m loving your trip report and your kids are adorable and I wish I was back there and all that. But is anyone else put off by the juxtaposition of a bird show and a picture of lunch that involves eating birds? It’s just not right.

10 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

The thought never crossed my mind. :joy:

4 Likes

Goodbye to Planet Watch.

Now I’m in line for Dole whips at Tamu Tamu. I really wish this place had mobile order.

13 Likes

The brownie sundae is quite good for the non-fruity lovers!

2 Likes

That is a good tip but we have to save that for the Rainforest Cafe! I’m worried the brownie sundae there will be the only thing that is reliably good. :joy:

5 Likes

I keep thinking your BIL reminds me of someone. Finally realized: he looks a bit like John Mayer!

You all have such great teeth! :smiley:

That’s because they are.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you :smiley:

:tropical_drink:

I was busy here at work all morning and missed the whole thing but it looks like you’re having a wonderful day! I could smoosh your kids (and I don’t like a lot of kids!)

7 Likes

#dessertproblemz

2 Likes

It is so Flik’n hot here today.

Little DDs and I are riding NRJ (35 min posted wait) while everyone else is waiting for FoP (60 min).

P.S. Dole whips were heavenly. After we were done there was no line for Tamu Tamu. :man_facepalming:t2:

21 Likes

Sounds like it’s “Animal Kingdom Hot” which is a really unique kind of hot. It’s part of the theming so you feel like you’re really in Africa and Asia

12 Likes

I literally do this all the time. :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am biased but they are adorable.

11 Likes

Hey, sometimes the performers need a little extra motivation.

6 Likes

Navi River Journey was great! AC feels so awesome. I was worried DD2 would be scared, but instead I had the opposite problem. She was so calm that she fell asleep! :joy: Good time for a nap I suppose. :wink:

23 Likes

For the record:

Our wait for NRJ was 29 min (40 posted). FoP wait was 44 min (50 posted). Not too bad. All our other waits today were 10-20 min. Rafiki trains were like 5.

Totally worth the extra hour(s?) of sleep!

11 Likes

I think to get to rope drop we would have had to wake up at like 5:30 minimum to get to bus stop between 6:15 - 6:30 to make rope drop at 7am or so. I woke up at 7:30am. So that’s two hours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’re in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris and the cloud cover is blessedly shading the area. Much cooler now.

17 Likes

8 minutes for a 35 posted wait for KS! Nice. We did so much today - more than we planned. Next up is Rainforest Cafe Dinner!

16 Likes

Wow we had the opposite experience at about 810am. Posted 20min, TP said 6min and it was 37min

3 Likes

At opening it’s a little unpredictable because sometimes the animals do not cooperate (or so I’ve heard)

2 Likes

Great Safari. It was cooler this afternoon (relatively :joy:) so we saw more predators. Two cheetahs were prowling around their habitat. We saw one lion and two lionesses asleep. A rhino nearly charged our vehicle!

Originally it was forecast to rain this afternoon but the chance of rain kept slipping down. I wore my sandals in preparation. Oh well! Can’t complain for not needing them.

17 Likes