May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I actually love your strategy with the kids. I’m taking notes as I hope to convince my niece and her family to go with me at some point in 2022/2023.

4 Likes

Maybe this time we’ll see each other as both Pandora and RPW are on our to do list too. Hubby has never been to Rafikis and I’ve only done it once pre-animation academy when my kids were 2/3 and 5.

4 Likes

Not the ride experience but the overall experience.

4 Likes

Love your night time pics.

3 Likes

Got some Photopass photos overnight:

19 Likes

Day 11. I may or may not have yelled “Yo Launchpad!” when I saw this cavalcade. And I may or may not have gotten a salute from him. :slight_smile:

25 Likes

In line for my favorite ride now. 15 min posted.

23 Likes

I’m pretty convinced AK mornings make the best mornings! I love that your one DD is offering up a peace sign instead of a thinking face in that magic shot. :joy:

I love tackling the parks in little 3-4 hour chunks! Glad you guys are as well. Hoping you make it to Rafiki’s this morning!

9 Likes

In line for KRR now. DD4 is a little tired - ironic since this was our late start! :joy: But she’ll feel better after the ride kicks in some adrenaline I think. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Fun times! Just moderately damp.

Now for Feathered Friends in Flight!

21 Likes

Which just makes me think Test Track should be re-skinned for the Cars IP.

6 Likes

Bird show was awesome! I loved seeing DD2’s face as she was awed by the show. Now we’re eating quick service Yak & Yeti. I got the honey chicken. It’s good, but Pei Wei is better. :wink:

Uploading: E94ABFF7-BA6F-491B-998E-5D22F9DEC477.jpeg… Uploading: ED9BC4A9-7917-4E4B-BC84-5DD9C101AA27.jpeg…

20 Likes

We’re inside! We keep eating at the same places

6 Likes

Thank you for this. I always get so jealous of all the rave Yak&Yeti reviews. I enjoy the food…but, for some reason, I have a horrible allergic reaction when I try and eat there. They’re so good about it, the chef comes out and talks to me, we are so careful and inevitably…I’m basically one giant hive when I leave (and my food allergy is a minor, weird one). After last time, Disney and I agreed I wouldn’t try anymore. :joy:

Enjoy the rest of your day!!

6 Likes

Took the train to Rafiki! We were a few minutes too late for the animation experience, despite nearly running from the train station, but when we got there the CM told us they were “completely full.” DS was a little disappointed but we watched a bit from the back and I told him we could check out a YouTube video later.

A pic from earlier - a moment of Zen for your New Hampshire (or wherever you happen to be) morning:

20 Likes

That’s a beautiful pic, @OBNurseNH will be swooning!

4 Likes

The kids love the petting zoo! Keep eagle eyed for a hidden mickey on an ass^2.

21 Likes

I think Donkeys are adorable!

3 Likes

Any PARTICULAR donkey?

5 Likes

I don’t discriminate lol

There is a donkey named Jellybean that lives up the street from my parent’s house. He is just precious out in the field with all the cows.

4 Likes