May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

We made our way into Epcot after dinner - it’s so nice to have a hotel room next door to the park! We’re in line for Soarin’ now. Posted wait is 20 min.

15 Likes

About to board:

19 Likes

We love this ride. Soarin’ Over California is better, but this version has aged well for me. I think associating it with nostalgia (ie, having ridden it years ago now) helps give it extra heart. The distortions don’t bother me too much, which is good cause we were in the very bottom right corner of the screen - E3 I think. I prefer middle middle (B2?).

DW and DSIL are using the rider swap pass with DD7 and DD4. Once again the CM said she hated to break up kids, so we got four spots instead of three in the return ride. :slight_smile:

Now DBIL, DD2, DS9, and I are chillin in Sunshine Seasons. I’ve always felt like this pavilion feels like a mall, like I’m in suburban Minneapolis instead of WDW. :joy: But hey, I’d take a mall with a Soarin’ in it any day of the week!

20 Likes

Totally agree. I want it back.

9 Likes

Agree.

6 Likes

I miss the smell from the orange groves.

11 Likes

Yup hands down. It didn’t go wonky

4 Likes

Soarin’ over California>>>>>Soarin’ Around the World. (Though both of them are great)

I actually wish they’d do a Soarin’ Around America one. The parts of Soarin’ Around the World where they’re in Monument Valley and so on are incredible. There are so many other natural places in the US that could be featured in Soarin’. It would also be nice if they had a slate of several Soarin’ films they could run throughout the day so you could have different experiences. I’m sure that’s wishful thinking but it would be nice!

5 Likes

Exactly!

3 Likes

Living with the Land. My kids love finding the hidden Mickeys.

19 Likes

And call it Soarin’ Across America.

4 Likes

P.S. I thought it was cool that the Miracle Fruit sign was right by the chocolate. :wink:

Also I really love pineapple so that’s why I took a pic of that one.

6 Likes

Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides. I want to do the tour at some point.

8 Likes

Livin’ with the Land!!! I love that ride. Fingers crossed that the Behind the Seeds tour will be back by my August trip.

6 Likes

The only hiccup tonight is that it took 40 minutes to do the second ride for Rider Swap. It always seems to take at least 30 minutes for me, just for the second ride. But at least we were waiting seated in an air conditioned building!

Just finished Nemo and the Seas. Oh the Huge Manatee!

17 Likes

I love this little sign with the waves.

Btw, the posted wait for the Seas was 10 min but it should have been 5. And that 5 minutes was all walking, so really walk on.

The ride is basic (sorta the same deal as the submarines at DL) but I really loved the EAC effect with the turtles. Also seeing real fish in a tank is better than fake ones in DL.

13 Likes

AI love my beautiful girls!

21 Likes

Love this crazy boy too!

And my goodness I love Spaceship Earth!

29 Likes

:heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

One last ride for the night!

23 Likes