May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

At least someone around here knows how to do it right!

Bonus points if you got some vanilla ice cream to have with it, as you would in house.

4 Likes

I didn’t mention it at the time, but before dinner we tried to get in the line for World of Disney. It’s so annoying. The wait probably isn’t that long but there are so many people. And there is only one entrance at the very far end away from the bus depot. So it was quite a hike to get there, passing about 20 “exit only” signs along the way, and then we got in a fast moving line only for it to stop for a few minutes and we had no idea where the front of the line was or how much time it would take. So we bailed. I’m fairly certain it would have only been like 5 minutes though.

After we left the line it started moving again (of course) where it was basically as fast as you could walk. Oh well - we didn’t really need to go in there, it was just something to kill time. And get out of the heat and humidity.

4 Likes

I will be quite happy when this part goes away. I did almost no shopping at all in April. My time was short as it was and I wasn’t going to waste it waiting to shop.

4 Likes

Finally got my Gideon’s text:

Ain’t nobody got time for that!

11 Likes

On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate your Disney Springs experience?

9 Likes

@Jeff_AZ Good Lord, that’s a lot of sauce! Do they just give you whatever sauce you want, or do they charge extra for each one? I’m a fan of CFA, so I’d probably like the special sauce.

3 Likes

Sigh…

3 Likes

Boo. Super annoying. And agree about the plethora of exits and only one entrance. Is the is normal for the weekends? Or extra long due to the holiday weekend? We had zero line to get in when we were there but it was a Thursday afternoon.

1 Like

Food = 10 :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3:
Experience = 3

Too many crowds, too many lines to be smushed together with more crowds, virtual queues too long, too hot and muggy. And shopping isn’t my thing.

But the bus service was top notch. :wink:

I would do it again on a weekday at lunch, if I had time. I thought with having a reservation it would be ok - and it was if we would have showed up right on time for it then left. But everything other than being at the restaurant was not so fun.

They give you two varieties (some in multiple containers - not sure the rhyme or reason) with your order and you can order more varieties for $.50 each. If you’re dining in you might encounter the sauce slinger, but I never saw one.

I’m thinking it’s the weekend norm. That’s what I’ve heard from the vloggers anyway.

4 Likes

DSIL caught some glamour shots of our family on the balcony this morning. These cuties just slay me.

43 Likes

Not as good as last time - I think we all clicked too early and had to refresh (edit: actually DBIL, who got the BG, says he clicked half a beat after 6:59:59). But this time works for us since we want to do it after lunch.

For @bebe80:

18 Likes

Made it to Hollywood Studios tapstiles at about 8:10am after walking from BCV (left at 7:40am). I saw the Epcot Skyliner line running but had never heard of it carrying guests this early so we opted for the sure bet and walked. We never saw a ferry boat along our walk either. I saw cars parked far away but no one walking from the parking lot - only Skyliner, bus, and walkers at that point.

Taps opened at 8:15 on the dot.

13 Likes

12 Likes

Made it to SDD. The post sign says the wait is 70 minutes. We’ll see. Someone behind me says it will take 20 min from here.

18 Likes

I’m anxious to see your morning unfold. Worked on my TP yesterday and on our TSL focused morning it wants me to do TSM first and then SDD a few steps later. But that seems counter to all of what I see here. If I change it up to do it how we all would, it borks my whole plan up and waits get crazy.

Needing to see a day in action to confirm our way is the best way. So thank you!

5 Likes

I think TP is assuming you are late getting in the park and way back from the rope drop crowd. If you get in line and the wait is 70 min you will have wasted the pre-park opening period.

But right now TP is telling me the wait for new people joining the line is still 35 min posted / 24 min expected, so I think SDD first makes sense unless you are super late.

4 Likes

I have it set for early entry AND have a break of 1 minute at the start to put me wherever step 1 is. It’s wacky.

I’m thinking we will buck the plan which is something I almost never do.

4 Likes

Just finished at 8:51.

21 Likes

Wow! That couldn’t have been more than about 15 minutes or so - 23 mins from your post to finish!

4 Likes

I don’t know what is up with the TP computer overlords. If you are there early and want to focus on TSL there is no doubt you should do SDD first. I bet by the time @Jeff_AZ got off SDD the wait for TSM was under 20 minutes

7 Likes