May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

whoa… that’s pretty dark :astonished:

5 Likes

I requested front row and my family let me sit in the middle so that helped minimize my motion sickness. The CM who gave us our RS pass said she didn’t like leaving kids out so she let all three of our kids ride with me and DW the second time.

19 Likes

Love a good and attentive CM :heart:

2 Likes

Kids love the Skyliner! Every time we pass a car, DD2 yells out what color it is. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The kids point out the characters.

20 Likes

Clearly we can add “punch buggy” to Ways to Interact with Complete Strangers Sharing the Skyliner

12 Likes

From the time we entered the Skyliner queue (3:29pm) till the time we hopped off at International Gateway (3:52pm) was 23 minutes, including all waiting at transfers, etc.

I love the Skyliner! Best mode of transport! Pics for the Skyliner Junkies:

27 Likes

There is a lot of walking involved at Epcot! You forget till you have a DSIL in need of moleskin and tired kids!

When we saw the Harmonius barges, I didn’t offer any commentary and just listened to everyone’s reactions. DBIL, no joke, said, “wow, cool!” :joy: I didn’t tell him. :zipper_mouth_face:

17 Likes

This place is cool inside - both literally and figuratively.

16 Likes

We too love the skyliner! It is so relaxing after a long, hot day. I am interested in hearing your and DW’s impression of the condition of your room at BCV. Since you previously mentioned that you clean your house top to bottom before you leave for vacation, I am guessing you pay attention to cleanliness? We have only stayed at BCV once, and my family loved it. But I actually thought the villa itself was kind of shabby/dirty? (Sorry, all of you BCV lovers! Family wants to stay there again, and I am reluctant…)

3 Likes

I guess we’ll see! We just got our room assignment so we will go there after our Teppan Edo dinner!

Everyone loved Frozen Ever After! DD2 did too until the drop at the end, predictably.

So whose idea was it to make the iPhone incapable of taking motion shots indoors? I know they can do better than this. What setting do I need to change?

12 Likes

I loved what they did to Norway.

I wish they’d do the same to every country.
(Ducks from :tomato:.)

4 Likes

P.S. plexiglass on this ride is indeed the worst. I hope it’s true it’s being removed this weekend.

9 Likes

Do you have night mode enabled?

3 Likes

I’m sorry! I thought you had already gone to the room! I didn’t mean to send bad vibes your way…

1 Like

No worries! We’re not picky that way.

Best pavilion is best.

13 Likes

Maybe? I’ll have to check that!

2 Likes

Made it to Teppan Edo in time for DD2 to fall asleep! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had dinner while holding a sleeping child. It always seems to happen at teppanyaki restaurants … :thinking:

Easily able to add 1 person to my 7-person reservation again upon checkin through the app. I am splurging here since it’s my favorite cuisine. Filet + lobster tail. :yum:

23 Likes

They have this cool popping soda called Ramune that you have to use the top to open, then it fizzes. It’s a thing. DS said it’s his favorite drink. It tastes kinda like extra syrupy sprite to me. Coke will do. :joy:

8 Likes

I love these reactions!

18 Likes

My reaction is pretty priceless too lol.

DD2 woke up just in time to let me enjoy my dinner. She’s chowing down on everyone’s spare noodles, zucchini, chicken, and rice. The other three kids are literally eating steamed rice. Good news is they are eating almost all they were served! Hey, I’ll take the W.

24 Likes