May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

So they still have the HP house masks for sale?

2 Likes

Yes they do. ETA: a good to time mention I don’t like UOR masks as much as Disney’s. The material is thicker and less breathable and the fit is tighter on me, especially after a wash. Disney’s masks are slick and wick moisture better.

5 Likes

Last ride of the night was Dr. Doom. It was scarier than I thought it was going to be due to the ambiance of the boarding area. I love tower launching rides, but free falls (ToT) are my absolute fave. So this was good, but not as good as it could be if it rose slowly and dropped instead of launching.

Yes, we’re a little but crazy by this point in the night. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

18 Likes

Headed back to the hotel for a dip in the pool. Goodbye, Universal! It ended much better than it started! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

19 Likes

Any coaster with inversions, UOR will not allow anything. Not even in zippered pockets. (Which I thought was allowed, but they made me go back and put my single car key that zipped into a cargo pocket into a locker…so literally nothing!)

3 Likes

Gen 2 only. The first round of Disney masks were exactly as you describe the Uni ones.

4 Likes

Finally made it to the end! Love this trip report, your kids are ADORABLE! Thanks for taking us along!!

7 Likes

I am so excited for tomorrow!

First flight to Batuu.

4 Likes

This dates back a few years but this stems from the accident that happened at the Dueling Dragons coaster which has been torn down. A cell phone left someone’s person and struck a man in the face. He lost an eye and suffered more damage. I had ridden that thing 50 times over the years. Scary stuff. Since then, nothing can be taken on the rides pretty much.

3 Likes

Sounds like terms of a settlement to me.

3 Likes

And let’s not forget torturing Hermione :scream:.

4 Likes

See I didn’t know this…

That changes things.

4 Likes

Such awesome photos today!!
Loving following along with the Wild Bunch.

2 Likes

Oh, and kills Dobby…just sayin’

2 Likes

Mmmm welp…we have forgotten. Cause I don’t remember that. I know she tortured Neville’s parents…I don’t remember Hermione?

3 Likes

Yep when harry is locked in the basement. Hermione is upstairs screaming in pain.

2 Likes

That’s how amazing the actress is! She evokes strong feelings, and even people who don’t know her character are drawn to her!

Best actor/actress portrayal second only to Dumbledore in my humble opinion and pretty damn close to McGonagall.

4 Likes

At the Malfoy mansion after Harry, Hermione and Ron get captured toward the end of Deathly Hallows I, in the movie universe. Lots of screaming involved.

6 Likes

The question is though, which Dubledore?

1 Like

Great…now I gotta go back and watch, but I didn’t really like the movies too much. A lot of ‘There’s a lot to cover and you’re focusing on THIS?” moments and then cutting out the Battle of Hogwarts left me feeling very underwhelmed.

5 Likes