May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I had the same experience at ASMo on my changeover day and just brought them down myself. Frustrating but not a huge deal in the scheme of things.

:laughing:

So great to know!

Your clan looks so happy. It makes me smile! What a great start to the day!

7 Likes

Miracles do happen!

During our week, there was only one day, and one way, when we didn’t have some kind of backup in I-4! A drive that should have taken about 25 minutes usually took 45 to 50 minutes.

3 Likes

We ate at Sanaa the other day. Had 11:40am reservations. We were an hour late due to a few unfortunate events. I checked in with the CM fully expecting to be turned away and charged for a missed reservation. She said no worries since I arrived before 3 and that it would be just 15 minute wait (which I think it was actually less). I was so surprised. The bread service is really fun and delicious. My one year old son loved it!

7 Likes

What times do Hagrid’s VQ drop? Any ideas?

2 Likes

Right? That’s what I was thinking! Dump the shredded wheat - save the Lucky Charms!!!

7 Likes

With only the DVC rooms open at Jambo, I think bell services is on skeleton staff there. In January, I needed to retrieve my luggage from a hotel transfer and the front desk crew had to get it for me because no one was in bell services.

4 Likes

:laughing:

This made me think of this lady:

6 Likes

Hagrid’s VQ 15 minutes prior to park open, 11:00, 2:00, 4:00.

But also check at random times, especially after 4:00 as there may be more that drop.

5 Likes

Hagrid’s never went to VQ the entire time we were there.

3 Likes

Every single time I have issues with luggage transfer Jambo has been involved :grinning:

3 Likes

What were the wait times like? It would be fantastic if there was no VQ and waits were under an hour! We waited over an hour with a VLP at spring break crazy time.

3 Likes

The longest we waited was like 45 minutes. The first time, the posted wait time was double what we actually waited. Second time, it was closer to accurate, but still quite a bit shorter than posted time.

4 Likes

The VQ is activated but it says no wait times right now. That’s different than other days I think but who knows.

Confession: we scooped up as much of the cereal as we could and put it back in the box … and as many of the marshmallows as we could. :joy: The kids won’t know the difference.

13 Likes

Yeah. Looks like wait times are higher for you right now than what we say last week, so that explains the use of VQ. I was all prepared to get a VQ for Hagrid’s last week, but was never necessary/available.

2 Likes

I read this as a response to

and I was very confused as to what happened while I was away from this thread :rofl:

8 Likes

Oh. And here is a “free” observation we noticed. During our days there, VC would go down with relative frequency for a while. Sometimes it was just a few minutes (happened to us while we were in line, actually), other times it was down for a couple hours.

When it is down for any prolonged period and then it starts running again, unless you are REALLY close, don’t rush to get in line. That’s what everyone else was doing. We watched the wait time go from Closed to 25 minutes to 90 minutes within a 10 minute period! But the wait time would drop back off not too long after that…so trying to hop into the line when it says 25 minutes usually didn’t ACTUALLY mean 25 minutes by the time you’d get in line.

On the other hand, we got in line when the wait was 90 minutes. We actually only waited about 60.

3 Likes

Haha your picture looked like more if a rescue mission!

7 Likes

“Green Clovers, Blue Diamonds, and…Gray Pebbles? I don’t remember those being one of the Charms!”

9 Likes

TIFIFY

3 Likes

I would have done the same! Something about the 10 second rule? :rofl:

5 Likes