May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Your pictures are great! Glad everything is going so well. I can hardly wait for your HS days!!

3 Likes

It was really hard to resist. :laughing:

4 Likes

It is a super great pool. Spent a lot of hours there!! Need to spend more!!

My favorite hotel side pool-view room is in the stretch of rooms kind of behind where the slide dumps into the pool. It’s across the hallway from a “secret” exit door that is right where the bus depot is.

4 Likes

Is TWSS?

9 Likes

This has been a near perfect day. Even the hiccups have made for an exciting adventure! The waits were fairly short all around and even with FPP I would have waited this long in many cases. The bus situation was ideal on the way to AK, and on the way home the 35 min wait would not have felt so long if we didn’t have an ADR. That’s on me for not sticking to my time limit to get out of the park. Thankfully it all worked out in the end.

Tomorrow we are checking out of AKL :frowning: and into HRH :smile: before a day at UOR. Our mission is to ride Hagrid’s and everything else in Hogsmeade, maybe Velocicoaster, and a few other rides in IoA if there is time.

Goodnight! :full_moon:

P.S. is anyone else seeing this amazing almost-full moon tonight?

21 Likes

Pic or it didn’t happen? Ok fine but I don’t know how to take a good shot of the moon on an iPhone.

20 Likes

Wow, what a day! Pool looked like so much fun. Enjoy UOR!

4 Likes

It’s real pretty. Gonna be a super moon. Real big. Real pretty. Keep your eyes to the sky come Wednesday. And look out for the lunatics :crazy_face:

7 Likes

Isn’t there supposed to be a lunar eclipse too, or did I miss it?

3 Likes

Oh right! That too. It’s a crazy moon cycle this month. You’re absolutely correct.

5 Likes

I love full moons. (snicker) From inside my home. With all the doors and windows locked. And an extra pint of Ben and Jerry’s in the freezer incase of a zombie apocalypse.

7 Likes

omg that happened to me last time! I totally said “oh crap, thats not normal!”

3 Likes

Love HRH. My fave at UO.

I am excited for you to get to Veloci-coaster.

I hope your family are HP fans. So many cool things to see in Harry Potter World. Would be cool to see the entire family in their dress robes with wands out while chugging a butterbeer.

…just somely swear you are up to no good.

5 Likes
3 Likes

Priceless!

2 Likes

Ugh that’s so stressful. I’m glad y’all made it. My guess is they would have been accommodating if you’d been late. I mistakenly thought our ADR for Y&Y was at noon the other day and when I went to check in at 11:45 realized it was actually for 11:30!!! We then had to wait for my girls and my dad to get done on KRR and they didn’t get there until 12:05. :flushed: They still sat us no problem and were incredibly gracious.

3 Likes

They often will provided they can although you may have to wait. And it’s always good in such a case to check your folio to be sure you were not charged the no-show fee as well.

3 Likes

Good morning! We checked out of Jambo after a hectic morning of packing and getting ready. We were ready right when I had told everyone to be, which was 20 min before our van service was scheduled.

I had tried calling bell services multiple times last night to schedule pickup in time for our departure, but they never picked up the phone! Not even this morning when I tried again. It kept going into guest services general line purgatory. Oh well, we saved tip money.

I thought we should take two trips but everyone was intent on doing one so we all carried multiple bags, even the kids! Little DD2 needed to be held because she was anxious from all the changes. The elevator terrified her for some reason, even though we have ridden one multiple times without incident (and she hasn’t been on ToT :joy:).

When we got to the port cochere, DD4 was just playing with her grocery bag and an entire box of Lucky Charms dumped out. I’m still not sure how she managed to lose the entire box! :joy::joy::joy:

The van from Quicksilver arrived a few minutes early and helped us load. They had called me last night to confirm the time and details. They had two booster chairs and a car seat, exactly as I had ordered. Van was spacious and driver is courteous and a safe driver. So far I would give this service 5 stars! And it’s cheaper and more reliable than two Lyfts/Ubers with car seats would have been.

Traffic on I-4 isn’t too bad. We’re headed to Hard Rock Hotel for Check-in and a day at UOR!

26 Likes

Not the lucky charms!?!?!?!?

Good intel on Quicksilver service. I think I’m going to hire them for my next trip.

5 Likes