May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

Me too! Tag :wink:. I’m hoping for APs in June due to current Florida resident discovery ticket expiring on June 18.

2 Likes

My subscription ran out and I didn’t renew for a long time and was able to use all the features of the forum.

5 Likes

This is SOOOO annoying and has happened to us multiple times. So much so that I have a recurring calendar event on 12/10 of every year to double check our seat assignments for our annual trip to MN for Christmas.

Although it is tempting to just leave the kids wherever the airline sticks them. Free babysitters! :joy:

A little better now that they’re older (not as much of a concern, but the other passengers aren’t as eager to switch as when it was obvious they were about to become babysitters).

4 Likes

Just landed! The scenery on this side of the flight is much different!

20 Likes

OMG hilarious! Thankfully it was just one person of our party (the one I booked later separately!) who was misplaced.

7 Likes

4:48pm Land MCO
(Bathroom, shuttle, and baggage claim)
5:28pm Enter DME line
5:41pm seated on the bus
5:44pm Depart MCO
6:20pm Arrive AKL Jambo

22 Likes

It’s awesome here already. :dizzy:

39 Likes

That bottom pic. He has your eyes :eyes:

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good time for DME! I’ve been worried that it will take forever.

2 Likes

Nice mask! Me and I believe @Tall_Paul1 wore the same 4-pack ones. This is the way!

7 Likes

What’s your secret to keeping such detail time notes?!?

2 Likes

Take pictures when something important happens. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Arrived at our room! Not one of the partial savanna views I requested, but it is the pool view room I included in my request. No noise at all inside the room.

Room wasn’t assigned when I got on DME so I chatted on the app and they assigned it in time for my arrival at the resort. Just got our pack n play and groceries delivered. Now to explore the resort!

32 Likes

Wow beautiful resort!

2 Likes

Pursuant to tradition, I got a pic of a zebra butt.

27 Likes

What’s this twisty horned one? Okapi?

10 Likes

I don’t think Okapi have horns

5 Likes

Magical Express pictures are the best! I’m going to miss that the next time we’re there.

7 Likes

That’s the timing I would expect if it weren’t for contrary reports I’ve seen recently. I don’t think I can take the risk of a super long line. So I’m booking quicksilver. Thanks for that recommendation. Sometimes $100 is worth not having extra stress on arrival day. I would much prefer the “magical” arrival though. :frowning:

8 Likes

Kudu, I think?

5 Likes