May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

I’m sorry! I thought you had already gone to the room! I didn’t mean to send bad vibes your way…

1 Like

No worries! We’re not picky that way.

Best pavilion is best.

13 Likes

Maybe? I’ll have to check that!

2 Likes

Made it to Teppan Edo in time for DD2 to fall asleep! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had dinner while holding a sleeping child. It always seems to happen at teppanyaki restaurants … :thinking:

Easily able to add 1 person to my 7-person reservation again upon checkin through the app. I am splurging here since it’s my favorite cuisine. Filet + lobster tail. :yum:

23 Likes

They have this cool popping soda called Ramune that you have to use the top to open, then it fizzes. It’s a thing. DS said it’s his favorite drink. It tastes kinda like extra syrupy sprite to me. Coke will do. :joy:

8 Likes

I love these reactions!

18 Likes

My reaction is pretty priceless too lol.

DD2 woke up just in time to let me enjoy my dinner. She’s chowing down on everyone’s spare noodles, zucchini, chicken, and rice. The other three kids are literally eating steamed rice. Good news is they are eating almost all they were served! Hey, I’ll take the W.

24 Likes

15 Likes

A really good carrier is priceless at this age for when they need to sleep. We carried our now 15yo all over WDW during his first visit when he was 2yo (his birthday was during the trip). Of course he is now taller than me …but 13 years ago it was awesome to strap him into the carrier and keep touring while he crashed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I took my girls back to China when they were 3 and 6. I think they survived off of rice! And we could get eggs and toast for breakfast which the 6 year old ate. It was a rough trip food wise, but I had brought an assortment of snacks.

DD2 is eating zuchini! Is she the least picky eater at this point?

9 Likes

Skyliner is better than a boat!!! :wink: and looking at all the skins and colors is fun too.

1 Like

DD2 will eat anything! I am grateful, but all my kids went through this stage before deciding everything was yucky at age 3. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

I haven’t done Teppan Edo yet - but this last thread really makes me want to! Also, I’m officially obsessed with your little travel group. Sorry, I’ll try not to make it weird :rofl:. Everyone has such great reactions in photos and seems to be having an absolutely wonderful time.

6 Likes

This is developmentally appropriate and harkens back to our caveman days when by that age we would wander from the cave more unsupervised. It’s a mechanism designed to keep us feom eating things that look weird or taste weird because it could
have killed us.

Of course that doesn’t make it less frustrating now :joy:

7 Likes

My verdict:

My one disappointment was that I really like the Japanese fried rice and they don’t offer it here - only steamed rice and udon noodles (which were a bit slimy for my liking, but good). That said, the filet and lobster was succulent and delicious, so I was satisfied.

Also I spent less here than at The Kitchen at HRH the other night, so the value was great (chalk that up to each kid eating literally $1.50 worth of rice. Seriously. I thought it was a typo. They couldn’t actually charge that little for anything in WDW could they?!?! Cheapest kids’ meal of the trip :joy:.)

The ambiance, professionalism, entertainment, and energy in this restaurant can’t be beat by its competitors. I will definitely be back (again).

15 Likes

Oooohhh, I thought the noodles were maybe just your choice? So strange that the fried rice isn’t an option - that’s certainly a favorite of mine at teppanyaki restaurants as well.

And that is a good value for the kiddos’ meals!!

3 Likes

Shopped a little around Japan. Checked into our villa at Beach Club. It’s nowhere near where we requested, but oh well. The villa is clean and not at all dated - I’m wondering if @poohfanclub was at the BC hotel rather than villas? In any case, it works for us! We are the second floor so we have a full length balcony across all three rooms of our 2BR villa.

There is MUCH more space here than at AKL. Biggest downside is no sleeper chair, though I think the sofa bed is bigger? I feel like we can all sprawl out a little more without stepping on toes or getting on nerves.

We are FAR from SAB so I’m wondering how often we will end up going. That’s probably why we didn’t get my requested rooms - anything close to SAB is probably really popular. We are troopers so we’ll cope.

Now to rest our aching feet from our trek around the world!

23 Likes

While I’m waiting for bell services, here’s some pics of the Japan pavilion. I really do love this pavilion. So peaceful and serene. We went to Japan with our two oldest kids five years ago (visiting my parents who lived there temporarily at the time) and one of the things they loved was these sour gummy fettuccine candies. So I bought a couple bags after telling each child multiple times that they couldn’t buy anything at this gift shop. Dad’s rules are Dad’s rules. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

27 Likes

All your kids are super adorable! But I love DD2. She still has her squeezable chubby baby cheeks and arms. And look how she is clinging to you while you are taking the picture. You are the center of her world!

7 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: You haven’t had good udon. Go to Fukada in Irvine the next time you go to DLR. Only soup udon so it will be slippery and slimy.

That’s actually pretty cheap! The going rate is $3/bowl at Chinese restaurants in the Bay Area. It used to be about $1/person not too long ago and it was all you can eat.

5 Likes