May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

It is scary. Once was enough.

3 Likes

I didn’t think it was possible, but I finally had my fill of endorphins and had to turn off the “always notify” setting for likes. I think I may have been missing some replies / @s. :grimacing: :joy: Now I’ll just be notified of the first like and once a day for each post.

12 Likes

Does this happen on the app or in the park? I think you’re saying you have to go to diagonal alley to sign up for the virtual queue. That is our plan unless anyone tells me otherwise. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I changed that setting so long ago that I thought it was a default LOL

I occasionally worry that I miss some likes, but if someone really wants to get your attention they can be the first like on a post (so, find one that hasn’t been liked yet) or like it after it’s been around a while. Of course they can always @ you too.

4 Likes

I only get the notification for first likes, as well. I am amazed you had it notify you for every like. I’d be afraid to miss an “@” or an :arrow_heading_up: if all the likes filled the notifications. I do get notified when something has been liked more than 10 times.

3 Likes

Morning has gone great so far. (Besides leaving my bag in the room and only remembering when we got off the elevator in the hotel. :man_facepalming:) we made it through security, turnstiles and key check very close to 8am. DW ran ahead and got in line at Ollivander’s.

The rest of us caught up and left little girls with DW while we rode Gringott’s. The line was short but we had a couple hiccups not realizing you had to drop bags at the lockers. DD9 and DD7 both rode it and loved it! DD7 was fine with once, but DD9 rode again with DW and the DILs. I resumed DW’s place in Ollivander’s line with the girls, but a minute later we got our reservation for 10:45 and were on our way!

I’ve spent the morning browsing shops, buying sweets (for kids) and butterbeer ice cream (for me) while the others finish Gringott’s. It had a minor delay while they were in line. It’s now after 9 so we will maybe do Mummy and / or Minions next.

33 Likes

They are entirely too cute! I love them!

11 Likes

You’re not wrong. But the one that got me is the pic of @Jeff_AZ with his ice cream. He looks like a five year old on Christmas morning. So happy making.

15 Likes

I learned my lesson a few years ago. So last trip, I made sure to put notes in my touring plans. :joy:

4 Likes

Which apparently you can’t view in the TP app at the current moment.

5 Likes

Oh no, mine were custom remember?

3 Likes

Accurate! :yum::joy:

3 Likes

We are now in line for Despicable Me. DD2 had a meltdown on the walk between Diagon Alley and here. But she’s good now that we’re in line. Not sure what her problem was other than being tired.

3 Likes

Oh YOUR touring plan.

Perhaps we could give them a different name. You know, so you avoid TM infringement and all :wink:

(KIDDING!)

4 Likes

The longer story is that I put the stroller in pram parking while DBIL took the big kids in line. I met up with them but when I reached them I saw that DBIL still had his backpack. So I had him go back and stow it while we waited. Cost us maybe 5 min.

5 Likes

They mustn’t have been that great, nobody hired me to make theirs! :joy:

6 Likes

She’s 2! Take your pick of reasons for that age. Then add humidity, out of routine, crowds, too much stimulation, etc. She’s doing great. Loving all the smiles!:heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I love the mentioning of all the meltdowns. Not that I want Jeff to have more stress, but it makes everything so much more relatable to every trip I’ve taken with my kids ever. :joy:

14 Likes

I think the biggest problem was she is afraid of loud noises. The dragon outside Gringott’s terrified her. She was also afraid of Minions in the stationary seating and cried the whole time. I should have remembered she couldn’t even make it five minutes into Raya at the theater two months ago! :joy:

So I bought her a Pygmy puff for her patience. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

29 Likes

Yeesssss!!!f Good parenting move! Seriously ! and it even coordinates w/ her hair bow :wink:

13 Likes