May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

We wants the lightsaber!
We wants the lightsaber!
We wants (whatever. You get it)

7 Likes

HS looks rather empty. As for that ice cream cake without spoons, God gave us tongues for a reason!

5 Likes

:pleading_face:

Pweese!

2 Likes

… nope I’m behaving tonight

6 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Spoilery photos:

Inside Savi’s

24 Likes

Yay!!! Was it amazing? Please tell me it was amazing because both of my kids are doing it in July. $$$

4 Likes

It was amazing! I don’t have the words to describe how cool and worthwhile it was!

9 Likes

That’s great! My kids (19, 17) can’t wait!

2 Likes

So. Cool.

Why are the hilts so dang sexy? I mean, I thought so before I liked SW (just saw an old post to that end earlier today in fact).

How did you choose? What are the options? How will I know what is right?! Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

Also what is this about opening a red crystal to see if it has a black crystal inside?? Just heard it on a podcast this week…

6 Likes

Feel the force. It calls to you!

Seriously though, if you Google it there are lots of summary posts about the different options. But they give you plenty of time to decide once you’re there going through. I found it best to just pick the parts / colors that drew me in. I had a general idea of what I wanted in advance though. I did change my mind about the color today though - originally I was thinking green but today I decided I’m more of a blue kinda guy … er, um … Jedi.

9 Likes

I just know I don’t want red.

At least I don’t think so…

5 Likes

You strike me as a purple Mace Windu type. And I mean that in the best way.

4 Likes

Haha funny enough that’s a bit how I have leaned. Because Sam Jackson :joy:

I’m going to have to think on it though.

6 Likes

Must be lifetime bannable words…

2 Likes

Not words. Just ideas.

Anyway…

3 Likes

hahaha is it weird that I’m glad that you changed your mind instead of going with a preconceived plan of which cyrstal to get? Kinda makes it seem more authentic that it’s YOUR lightsaber instead of just a product. Right, it’s weird.

Also: excellent job on getting a class close to dusk/night.

7 Likes

Today was another great day, topped off with a fantastic date night! It never did really rain today, despite constantly threatening to. Tomorrow has a high chance in the afternoon so we’ll see how that record holds.

Between breakfast at Ale & Compass, a brief 4-hour stint in Epcot, an afternoon break, and a Star Wars-themed date night, it was the perfect pace for the end of our vacation.

Tomorrow is our last full day - we will be transferring to Bay Lake Tower and spending the day at MK. Staying at BCV would have been the smarter choice perhaps, but we’ll just consider this a bonus since originally we were going to go home tomorrow.

Good night!

18 Likes

13 Likes

You know this didn’t cross my mind when reserving the time. Mostly I just wanted to maximize the time between dinner and Savi’s to make sure I wasn’t late, and also to allow for other activities (and bus rides to Grand Floridian apparently …) in between.

But I do recommend this timing (5 minutes after park close in my case, but generally just close to dusk) because much of the wait is outside and it would be unpleasant in the heat of the day. And of course the lighting and empty park for testing out your lightsaber is fantastic.

Also a pro tip I learned - you can ship your lightsaber from any shop in any park or resort. Just keep your receipt to make it easier. It was $18 for me to ship from my hotel gift shop. The downside is that it takes like 3 weeks to ship. :frowning: But I don’t want to lug it around the rest of the weekend and on the plane.

Also it comes with the carrying case but you can buy a display stand or belt clip at Savi’s when you pay before the ceremony.

7 Likes