May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

We went the opposite direction - HS to DS, via CBR. The bus stop is easily walkable to the Skyliner station, but there isn’t a good sidewalk. We did a little off-roading. I think there’s less walking than via BW, and going from DS, you don’t have the random bus wait.

My vote is to take whichever bus comes first to the DS lot.

2 Likes

Sorry about that @Randall1028 but I have not seen that trip report… maybe before I joined? I can only use the history that I know :wink:

3 Likes

Ok @ninjasherrie clearly has a love for the coconut patties, but it was definitely @Randall1028’s recommendation I was remembering (vaguely).

8 Likes

it’s fine. It’s fine. Big hug. Big group hug.

17 Likes

Wow, those have been a long time favorite of DW.

I used to always grab a box or two for her, but I over did it and now she’s moved onto other candy.

Not sure about current availability but the large boxes were used to be regularly stocked at the Emporium and Main Street Confectionery at MK.

Also seem to remember seeing them in most of the resort gift shops.

7 Likes

Breakfast at Ale & Compass. Mickey waffles are a hit with the kids. They were surprised it was actually Mickey waffles, not just shaped like Mickey. And these marshmallow s’more treats are cute if not practical.

20 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

I’m a big kid so I ordered the Mickey waffles as well. It’s not on the menu, but adults can order them. Kids get 2, adults get 3. They are better than I expected! I see why they have a cult following. My kids have eaten more at this meal than they have anywhere except perhaps RFC last night. (They are breakfast food eaters.)

The only thing I’m not a huge fan of is the sausage. It’s a little sticky in a not good way. But it tastes fine. The berry smoothie is good but I’m glad DW and I are sharing cause it’s way too much for me. Also not icy - it’s a yogurt consistency. I prefer icy smoothies.

18 Likes

Are they maple sausages? If so, the stickiness comes from the maple while cooking.

2 Likes

Ah that could be, though it wasn’t billed as such and doesn’t have a discernible maple flavor to me. It seems like a “meat” stickiness in the casing. Probably best not to think about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Too true. Sometimes the food we eat, when you really THINK about it, really seems gross. So…just enjoy it and move along. :smiley:

5 Likes

I don’t think they are. Granted it was three weeks ago that I had them. I like breakfast sausage of all varieties and I’m with Jeff that these just weren’t the best. The chocolate waffles on the other hand?!

9 Likes

Like vegetables. is that what you tell your kids ? :yum::wink::upside_down_face:

1 Like

are these found in other restaurants? b/c I wasn’t impressed w/ A & C

1 Like

I mean, really, by now we should know: if it’s a snack and we’re wondering who told us about it, it’s a very very good chance it was you. :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Is that the chocolate waffle. I cannot make up my mind b/w that and the blueberry bacon pancakes. We’re eating there next week

3 Likes

My kids were especially grumpy this morning because they didn’t have their breakfast … so that we could go out for breakfast. :joy: But now that they have been fed they are in a very good mood. Catch 22! :joy:

10 Likes

No we just got the regular Mickey waffles.

DSIL tried the blueberry pancakes (she ordered without bacon, which is typically mixed into the batter), and enjoyed it. Not a rave review though. The server said the chocolate waffle is his favorite.

DBIL got the caramel apple French toast and licked the platter clean. We all had a taste and it was amazing. I don’t love caramel sauce, so if I had ordered I would have taken it dry - the apples were moist enough on their own.

13 Likes

Thanks for the review and the lean to the waffles :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I appreciate your commitment to the Genie schtick…

So when are we getting fireworks?

6 Likes