May the Force Be With Us: A Family Trip Report Summer 2021

It is so Flik’n hot here today.

Little DDs and I are riding NRJ (35 min posted wait) while everyone else is waiting for FoP (60 min).

P.S. Dole whips were heavenly. After we were done there was no line for Tamu Tamu. :man_facepalming:t2:

21 Likes

Sounds like it’s “Animal Kingdom Hot” which is a really unique kind of hot. It’s part of the theming so you feel like you’re really in Africa and Asia

12 Likes

I literally do this all the time. :joy: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I am biased but they are adorable.

11 Likes

Hey, sometimes the performers need a little extra motivation.

6 Likes

Navi River Journey was great! AC feels so awesome. I was worried DD2 would be scared, but instead I had the opposite problem. She was so calm that she fell asleep! :joy: Good time for a nap I suppose. :wink:

23 Likes

For the record:

Our wait for NRJ was 29 min (40 posted). FoP wait was 44 min (50 posted). Not too bad. All our other waits today were 10-20 min. Rafiki trains were like 5.

Totally worth the extra hour(s?) of sleep!

11 Likes

I think to get to rope drop we would have had to wake up at like 5:30 minimum to get to bus stop between 6:15 - 6:30 to make rope drop at 7am or so. I woke up at 7:30am. So that’s two hours. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We’re in line for Kilimanjaro Safaris and the cloud cover is blessedly shading the area. Much cooler now.

17 Likes

8 minutes for a 35 posted wait for KS! Nice. We did so much today - more than we planned. Next up is Rainforest Cafe Dinner!

16 Likes

Wow we had the opposite experience at about 810am. Posted 20min, TP said 6min and it was 37min

3 Likes

At opening it’s a little unpredictable because sometimes the animals do not cooperate (or so I’ve heard)

2 Likes

Great Safari. It was cooler this afternoon (relatively :joy:) so we saw more predators. Two cheetahs were prowling around their habitat. We saw one lion and two lionesses asleep. A rhino nearly charged our vehicle!

Originally it was forecast to rain this afternoon but the chance of rain kept slipping down. I wore my sandals in preparation. Oh well! Can’t complain for not needing them.

17 Likes

Dang… that’s close! I had an African Oryx charge my car once driving through White Sands Missile Range, that was scary… all the kids were in the car w/ me too.

4 Likes

We’re at Rainforest Cafe waiting for our meal. Checkin here was great - no problems adding our 8th member to our 7-person ADR - but this is another location where we don’t check in via the app - you have to go to the front of the restaurant.

The menu is the same as we remember it from before, so I’m hopeful we will enjoy the items we are ordering based on past experience. :crossed_fingers:

Also a couple of pics of my favorite mountain which I snapped on the way here.

17 Likes

But I saw the baby rhino very actively trying to head butt his mom to get her attention so safari successful!

9 Likes

Strawberry lemonade (frozen). Very (or should I say berry?) tasty.

14 Likes

Will you be having the Volcano?! We have to go there every time just for that dessert.

4 Likes

Of course! I wouldn’t miss it. :wink:

3 Likes

The onion volcano at Teppan Edo is pretty entertaining :upside_down_face::wink::yum:

6 Likes

Just to give you a sampling, DW took these pics. She is great at getting shots of the kids - I think they are more inclined to pose for her. She also loves to take TONS of pictures of blossoms. Her camera roll has thousands of them.

15 Likes

I don’t know why people knock the food here. I am a steak snob - I eat almost exclusively filet mignon when ordering steak - and the flat iron steak here is one of the most flavorful, tender cuts I’ve ever had. I’m not saying it’s gourmet - it’s just delicious. The coconut shrimp with plum sauce is amazing. My picky kids cleaned their plates for the first time this whole trip - and we didn’t even make them share kids meals this time! They each had their own. (Of course, it was just plain noodles and cheese pizza, but still…) DW loved the Caribbean rice. And we haven’t even had our much anticipated dessert yet. All I’m saying is, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it.

18 Likes