May hours

I’ve been trying to find a post on this but can’t seem to find one. Disney just released park hours for our May trip. Closings at 5, 6 and 7 across the board Sun-Sat. I feel like I can’t look to recently extended March/April hours for what to expect due to holiday hours for SB and Easter. What’s reasonable for planning’s sake? Have those closing times been holding for weekdays and been extended later for weekends?

We’re the week before Memorial Day (5/21-28) and I’ve resigned myself to the limited park hours. Maybe more pool time or something but I wish at least one park was open till 9-10. Already purchased PH tix and now feel like they’re even more worthless than they already were.

1 Like

Oh man. I’m sorry. I’m really just hoping for one more hour across the board. Those 6 pm closes at MK and 10 am opens at HS are going to be what annoys me.

My HS days are 9-7. I think. I’m doing 2 MK, 2 HS, 1 EP, 1 AK. As of now,

MK - 9-6
HS - 9-7
EP - 11-7
AK - 9-5

1 Like

That is when our trip is as well! I am really hoping they extend the hours! Even if it is an hour or two. We also have park hoping and with the way it is now it would be very hard to do everything we are hoping to fit in.

1 Like

@adonnellon

An extra hour would make a world of difference. I’d love to see AK at night or be able to casually stroll EP world pavilion for an hour or two after as HS day. From what I’ve heard, 2-3 weeks before your (I guess our) trip dates is when you’ll see movement if there is any.

1 Like

Agreed. We cancelled our May trip (rescheduled to August). The short hours make it next to impossible to take a break during the day. You almost need to go for the 8 hours the park is open and then do the pool etc. before or after. Not ideal as it gets warmer and some of us need a break from the Florida heat. I’m really hoping for more normal hours for August. I’ll melt if we need to do 8 hours of parks straight without a break.

1 Like

They will extend at least weekend hours three weeks before our travel dates (I say “our” cause I’m going end of May as well). Don’t give up hope yet!

7 Likes

Agreed! Never give up! I am really hoping with more things opening up and more people with vaccines hours will become more along the lines of “pre-pandemic” hours. Realizing that Disney wants you spending your money at the Parks!

2 Likes

I think starting with Memorial Day weekend it’ll be more like Spring Break hours because schools will start to get out. My daughter’s last day is May 27th.

3 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement you guys. We’ll just have to wait and see what happens I guess! :dizzy:

2 Likes

There is hope!!! For our May trip, I was able to book a breakfast in Hollywood Studios at 8:55 for a supposed 10am opening and I saw reservation times for Droid Depot at 9:40 so also technically PPO based on released hours. Disney has been “updating” park hours about 30 days out to move HS opening time pretty consistently to 9am, so that’s what the anecdotal ADR data that I saw leads me to believe will happen in May as well. :crossed_fingers:

I am hoping the update MK hours to close later (they have been moving to a 8pm close) and they open up more ADR times because I have my heart set on eating dinner in one of the castles and BOG and CRT were totally booked up 60 days out.

3 Likes

Well that does sound promising!!! I will keep holding on! And :crossed_fingers:t3: for those castle meals for you!!

1 Like

Disney has been extending park hours about 2-3 weeks out. I wouldn’t worry about the early close because I’m sure they will extend them.

2 Likes

I’m following because we’re also going in May and hoping for extended hours! I’m also trying to decide on new magic bands or using our spring 2019 ones and hoping they are still good!

1 Like

I have been thinking of the same thing. Last year I found that we didn’t get all of our pictures from a couple of our bands that were a couple years old. So this year I think I will just get new ones for everyone. I hated loosing out on pictures yes even with the mask on I paid for the Memory Marker.

1 Like

Very excited to see the hour updated for our week at the end of May! Will be so much fun to hop to another park in the afternoon!

3 Likes

Doing my happy dance! Just got the TP email. Luckily this only messes with a few ADR’s

I am hoping to get a few more reservations once they update the ADRs. Have a couple of dinning finders in place!

Is it random? 1 day later? 2? 3? Ahh!!!