May 4th 2023 Star Wars Starcruiser and Galaxy Edge East

Looking around, it appears that May the 4th in WDW hasn’t been all that big of a deal in the past.
Here’s a discussion on 2022:

However, a significant group of us big Star Wars nerds are doing the May 3rd 2023 Galactic Starcruiser, which will put us in Batuu (DHS Galaxy’s Edge) on May the 4th. (“Star Wars Day”) This will include some big names you may recognise from various Star Wars podcasts/vlogs. We’re planning additional activities and fun, to make this the best Starcruiser ever. Heavy cosplay costuming. Many of us are coming in several days early to do Batuu and other WDW fun early, and then formal plans start with a Heroes of the Halcyon party in Planet Hollywood, Disney Springs, the night of May 2nd. Another after-party just off-site on May 5th.

Anyone that wants to jump in on the fun is welcome, whether you’re on the Starcruiser or not. Those on the May 3rd Starcruiser, you’re definitely going to want to join the Facebook group page for all the extra fun and planning. Surprisingly, crowds are fairly elevated in TP predictions for the first week of May 2023, including HS at 7/10 on May 4th. We’ll see.

11 Likes

This is the most awesome thing ever! Wish I could be there! I hope you’ll share some pics, at least of the sights if you’re not comfortable posting pics of yourself. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Bump on this, happening next week. For any Star Wars afficionados, here’s various events happening. Some are Disney official, some are fan-organized:

• May 2nd: evening “Heroes of the Halcyon” (HOTH) Star Wars party at Planet Hollywood in Disney Springs. Tickets Required.
    Heroes of the Halcyon Starcruiser Superfans Muster Meetup Tickets, Tue, May 2, 2023 at 7:00 PM | Eventbrite
  • May 4th: Star Wars Day (as in May the Fourth be with you). Disney will be releasing new Star Wars merch that day in DHS Galaxy’s Edge. No known special events being put on by Disney, but you will see extra Star Wars nerds all-out cosplaying in DHS Galaxy’s Edge that day, particularly morning and early afternoon from the Galactic Starcruiser. Come play with us!
  • May 5th: “Revenge of the Fifth” (Sith) Day. (in addition to Cinco de Mayo) evening party outside the parks. Live bands and cosplay contests. Tickets required.
    The Emo Party: Revenge of the Fifth Tickets in Kissimmee, FL, United States
  • For the 40th Anniversary of Return of the Jedi, Disney is re-releasing the film for one week only in theaters world-wide. Showings will include at the AMC 24 theater in Disney Springs
  • Jedi: Survivor video game drops this Friday, April 28th
  • Star Wars Visions Season 2 drops on Disney+ May 4th
  • Star Wars: Young Jedi Adventures drops on Youtube May 4th
  • New Gaya music album (singer on the Galactic Starcruiser) drops on Spotify May 4th

Shout if anyone wants more details

3 Likes

I’m there those days but have a ticketed event at HS on the 3rd and a ticketed event in Epcot on the 4th.

I’m bummed to miss this but have the best time!

Weird that they’re doing the GotG release and after party on the 4th instead of playing up the SW side :thinking:

1 Like

Are they really? I hadn’t heard about the GotG thing

1 Like

I forgot it was a Vacation Club offering. But I still find the timing weird. Especially with the Fandom SW has.

Thank you for registering for Disney Vacation Club Guardians of the Galaxy Screen & Scream!

Event Date: Thursday, May 4, 2023

More details will come in a Know Before You Go email the week of the event!

Checking in:

For those experiencing the “Screen & Scream Package”

• Check-in for your screening of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 at AMC Disney Springs will begin at 1:00 pm near the Orange Garage entrance by Everglaze Donuts & Cold Brew.
  • This event will leverage multiple theaters with staggered start times. Guests should have their entire party together at check-in to be seated in the same theater.
  • We recommend parking in the Orange Garage. Guests should enter through Disney Springs security located on the East end of the Orange Garage nearest Planet Hollywood before making their way to the event check-in located near Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew. Please allow extra walk time.

For those experiencing the “Scream Package”

• You will be receiving an additional email with your Fandango voucher code two days prior to the event along with additional instructions on how to redeem your voucher.
1 Like

Cool, that’s totally the kind of thing I’d be into, if I were both a DVC member, and not on the Galactic Starcruiser during that time, lol.

New info just came out about the May the 4th Star Wars merch, and other Star Wars stuff happening in the world of Disney:

1 Like