May 2022?

Hello Liners! DH and I want to take our children (DD15, DS13, DS 5) to Disney. I recently achieved National Board Teacher Certification and we promised the kids that if I certified, we would celebrate in Disney. :grinning: The oldest two are really busy with sports and the fall/winter does not work for our schedule. We got permission from their schools to take them out after state testing (which is usually completed by the end of April). We are considering May 6 - May 15, possibly leaving after work on the 5th and driving most of the way so we would have 9 park days. We will do Universal two or three days.
What do you all think about those dates? Should I adjust a week ahead or push back a week? We have been the first week of June, December and October and really never had a bad experience. Would love to get any opinions from those who have gone this time of year. We could potentially go the first of April, but spring break crowds sounds not so fun.
Thanks for any advice. I may be asking lots of questions since we haven’t been since my youngest was 1. I am so excited to be going back!

2 Likes

I’ve been at that time twice and both trips were wonderful! Weather is usually good (not too hot or rainy) and crowds were relatively low.

2 Likes

Congrats on your National Boards! That is quite an accomplishment! I think any time in the beginning of May would be great!

1 Like

How exciting!!! We were there May 10-24 this year. Weather was fantastic. It was hot (low 80s) during the day when there wasn’t cloud cover. But the mornings and evenings were perfect and we never felt super sweaty or uncomfortable. I had heard that love bugs that time of year are sometimes annoying but we hardly noticed them.

1 Like

We were just there from May 14 to the 25th. We had beautiful weather, sunny, no rain, not too humid, not too hot like it was in October 2019. We have a trip scheduled for April 8, 2022 and I am very worried about crowd levels. Congratulations on achieving your Board Certification!

1 Like