May 2021 Crowd Calendar Predictions

Wow! Just received a TP email for crowd level prediction changes for May 8-15. Crowd level increases across the board. Our MK day went from 1 to 6. :anguished:
ETA: I just worked on TP’s today. I wonder if those increases are already in the software?

1 Like

Have we seen a 6 yet in WDW? a few sporadically over holidays?

1 Like

For MK…not even close. A couple 4’s in March. All 3’s and under so far this month.

But Ep had many 6+ days.

2 Likes

@SteveBloom We are visiting May 8-15. I have already started preparing the TP’s. Can you tell me if the TP software wait times have already been revised for the changes that came through in the TP email yesterday? (For example May 9 MK jumped from 1 to 6.) Thanks!
ETA: I am thinking that TP software has not been updated yet? I just put identical TP’s in for MK for May 9 (new CL 6, old CL 1) and May 14 (new CL 4, old CL 2). May 9 plan had lower wait times…

I was shocked to see that jump in crowd levels. I thought we picked the most amazing week to go in May and then BOOM :pensive:

3 Likes

I know! I specifically made my Park Reservation for MK for Mother’s Day because it was a crowd level of 1! I figured everyone was going to Epcot that day! Now I am afraid to change plans because you can’t “modify” a park reservation. You have to cancel and then rebook.

2 Likes

ppl are relaxing their C-19 precautions I think. I watch the WDPRD Availability calendar turn green to yellow to gray sooo quickly now.

I feel you! We are there May 9-15 and all our days went up. I want TP to explain. I’m guessing it just more accurately reflects that parks are selling out. But, wait times still seem to be the same despite the increased CLs.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Posted crowd levels are based directly on wait times. Even so, for many rides there is not a big difference in wait time with a CL difference of a couple notches.

1 Like

This is what I’m worried about. I booked a room only for Yacht Club for mid-June with a pin code I received way back when. I should’ve booked a package including tickets but I did not. I keep not pulling the trigger to buy tickets and reserve our days. Instead I have been watching the park reservations for June turn so quickly. Even after the release of new openings this past week most days are now yellow, some with both MK and HS blocked. Now I’m feeling less certain I want to travel to WDW :disappointed:

3 Likes

WDW is the only place I feel safe in FL outside of my house, I don’t go to my local grocery here at all. If you want to come your greatest risk will be the airport if you’re flying. Buy your tickets and reserve parks asap. I’m only allowed to hold 3 park res at a time and I’m holding as far out as I can to be able to get in b/c AP slots are disappearing too.

1 Like

Same dates as me! I’m worried about park crowds and pool crowds.

1 Like

Welcome @Chrissy_T and welcome back @kjsprouse_577366!

1 Like

There are new predictions that should be finished importing tonight.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Interested if there is an answer. I finally (after 18 months and 3500 iterations) settled on my tentative final touring plans and have been “evaluating” once a week or so for the past few months to see if there is a change in wait times. I noticed the wait times went up about a month ago (triggering more plan changes). But they have not gone up yet from the last crowd calendar update, at least not vs. results from last week.