MaxPass - wait time between bookings

One more thing… My DW will probably only stay for half days / take multiple breaks as she isn’t the theme park / Disney enthusiast that I am. (We are staying across the street. She’s excited about how easy it will be to just go lie down / break for once on a Disney trip as opposed to the trek it can be at WDW.)

If I book a MaxPass for both of us at an attraction, but she has left the park can I use both for back-to-back rides? I’ll be using my phone to scan in at each ride. Does it required me to use both MP reservations at once?

2 Likes

I have done this many times. Last summer, my family was being party poopers and went back to the hotel, so I used several of their fps for RSR and IC. I also had a ton of anytime fps. So many, that I ended up not using them all. You just have to make sure you have the ticket on your phone. Sometimes they do require that you have the physical ticket, but that is rare (has only happened to me once and I left and came back to a different CM and got in).

2 Likes

Confirmed - you can use a MaxPass for someone who has left the park, even if you have also left and reentered. The reason being that they don’t scan your ticket when you leave, so they don’t know who has left - just who has entered.

However, you can’t use or create a MaxPass for someone who hasn’t scanned in at the front gate, or for a park which that person hasn’t scanned in. So if you were in DL and got a MaxPass for RSR, both left DL but your wife went home while you went to DCA alone, you couldn’t use her MaxPass if she hadn’t scanned into DCA.

Interesting follow up question that this brings up … what if you had both scanned into DCA in the morning before hopping to DL … could you use a MaxPass at DCA in the scenario above, even if your wife hadn’t scanned back in to DCA? Or does your scan at DL gate override your DCA scan? I assume the latter.

2 Likes

Hmmmmm? That is an interesting question. The night I got ditched, I hopped over to DL, but I don’t remember if I used any FPs.

2 Likes

This is one of the best things about Disneyland’s layout, and especially if you take advantage of staying across the street from the pedestrian entrance on Harbor.

And in regards to your question:

You’ve got good input from 2 of the best DL experts around here, but I wanted to add my 2 cents of: there will be a barcode for each person’s MP that you’ll scan to enter & you have to swipe screens to scan more than one barcode so it’s really easy to use the one for you & then return & use the one for the wife next & no one will bat or blink an eye.

3 Likes

Yeah… I did the Google Map. The Anaheim Hotel is 10 minutes walking from the Main Gate. I’m so used to it taking a minimum of 30+ minutes - even in a rental car - at WDW.

I figure I could use MP that way. Never hurts to ask.

2 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how did you accrue so many anytimes? Was it breakdowns?

I am always working the angles! I booked a DVC tour at the beginning of our trip and was able to get 4 anytime fps each, then we have APs and when staying on site with APs, you can often score one anytime fp per person, plus we got a couple due to rides breaking down. I had saved most of them for our final night, as I wanted to watch “sha-boom” then ride RSR and then watch Light the Night parade, followed by a night time ride on IC, however before Sha-boom even got started DH and my two sons petered out and went back to the hotel room leaving me with a ton of fps!

2 Likes

Disyland Fast Pass system sounds out-dated unless you pay the additional fee. Since I am east coast I am at WDW at least 1 or 2 a year and in comparison Disneyland sounds confusing. I just started doing my research for a short 2-day DL visit in November. Any recommendations on where to start my planning? Is the MaxPass worth the money? I’m not sure I want to run around the parks to get a FP. I am a bit concerned. I really want to love DL as much as I do WDW. I have not been to DL in over 6 years.

I’ll start by saying that I have my first DLR trip planned, but haven’t gone yet. I, too, am a long time WDW veteran. When I first started looking at MaxPass it was very intimidating. Plus, the idea I had to pay was off putting as well.

Now, that I’ve watched a few YouTube videos about MaxPass I can’t wait to use it. I highly recommend going there to see it in action. My favorite vloggers for are “MrCheezyPop” and “Disneyland 4ever”. I can definitely see WDW implementing MaxPass some day.

Don’t forget MaxPass includes your PhotoPass. (Normally $169 @ WDW)

1 Like

What is sha-boom? And how did you score anytimes with AP’s?

Sha-boom is an unadvertised occurrence at dusk. The lights go on in cars land as they play shaboom. There is often a little dance party too for kids just past Flo’s.

As for the anytime fp, it came with the package I booked on-site through AP services at DLR.

2 Likes

I am not interested in PhotoPass. I avoid pictures these days. :slight_smile: It may depend on what my travel buddy wants to do. She doesn’t really want to stay at a hotel in the Disneyland area. She has a time share in Newport Beach where we will be staying but I wanted to stay 1 or 2 nights in the DL area. I think it will be a really long day for me. I like the idea of being able to go back and chill in the afternoon to recharge for the evening.

Are you staying on property or nearby?

We have a planning meeting next weekend. I am a bit disappointed at this point.

Maybe I just go out there sometime by myself and do my own thing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am staying “across the street” at one of the Disneyland “Good Neighbor” hotels. I did go through a travel agent for the first time - Storybook Destinations. (The preferred TA of Touring Plans)

Since you pay for a TA anytime you buy tickets from Disney whether you use one or not I figured I’d try it for once. I’m enjoying having someone answering all my questions and setting it all up.

1 Like

Save

1 Like

We booked one of the hotels across the street- 10 minutes walk to Disneyland and we purchased tickets with MaxPass. I will be there on my birthday in November 18. Mickey and I share the date. And I was born in 1955 - the same year Disneyland opened. Let me know how Touring Plans work out for you with MaxPass. Makes me a little nervous because I am use to having FP well advance. I will be trusting TP as to when to obtain my MP.

1 Like

I just want to caution you on this. TP is not setup to take in all the variables that can effect the MP return times, so in the case of MP, I would not rely on TP to tell you when to book another MP, but rather MP system. The strategy I use is, once my ticket is scanned and I am inside the gate, I slip to the side to get out of the way of those coming in and select my first FP on my phone. I usually pick RSR at DCA or SM in DL. Once you reserve a FP it will tell you when you can select another. I try to remember to screen shot the time (but if you forget, you can “try” to book another FP and you will get an error message telling you, you cannot book another FP until X:XX time. Just be careful not to cancel your current FP).

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip. The other concern that I have is we are staying in Newport area on the front end of the trip and will be driving to go to DCA the first day and we will be going on an EMH day. We don’t have EMH. CL is a 2 so it should not be too bad. Im not sure we will be at rope drop. And I just don’t move as fast as I use to when I was 30 or 40.

1 Like

The good thing is that there are not that many who can take advantage of the EMH at DCA (only resort guest) so you will be fine.

1 Like