MaxPass vs. Hopper - Which is more valuable?

If I have to choose between a MaxPass and Hopper upgrade, which is more valuable?

In my opinion Maxpass, but it is a tough call and may vary depending on your situation and when you are going. If you have little ones and won’t be doing many headliners, then I would say hoppers.

2 Likes

It’s kind of apples and oranges. You know that MaxPass is only $15 and adding park hopper to a one-day ticket is like $64? If you have two days, I would do DL day one and DCA on day two. Save the park hopper cost. See what the crowds are like and add Max if you need it. I’ve only used it once, but people who use it frequently love it.
If you only have one day, I’d do the park hopper and work your touring plan really hard. By then, what’s another $15 to get the most out of your day after you’ve spent that much?

2 Likes

As a solo adult traveler I have only done max pass and not hopper. However, if I only had little ones I would probably make hopper a priority.

1 Like

We have gone without MaxPass for years & do just fine using the free FPs but we go often and have almost always had at least one kid too small necessitating the use of rider switch which allows for a built-in FP runner so we’ve been too cheap to add MaxPass to our passes.

I could not imagine going & not hopping- it’s SO easy & takes a lot of burden off of getting specific things done on specific days which is nice to have the flexibility with kids! That being said, with good plan you can totally go without hopping, especially since now that the FP systems for both parks are connected and you can’t hold FPs in both parks at the same time. The only thing I would really, really, really miss is being able to hop back into DL after DCA has closed to get even just 30 more min on Main St before having to end my day. However, as stated before a good plan will allow you to still see everything & not hop.

Also, with getting MaxPass the advice I give is based on how many days do you have. Because if you do have 3 or more, then I would only get MaxPass for 1 or 2 of those for everyone who will ride all the rides and then the rest of of your days just get it for one person to get the PhotoPass benefit & just use the free FP system for any rides you do go on those days. In this scenario you would have to purchase MaxPass each morning after you’ve entered the park. In my experience it has always been a 30 second process, but if there are system issues that day then it can become a headache & a trip to Guest Relations may be needed to help sort out the issues.

2 Likes