Masks on kids

I know another study was done in Iceland, where they’ve done a great deal of testing and never closed their grade schools. I’ll see if I can find anything for you there. They also tested an entire town, twice, to see how it spreads so that might have some good information if you can find it.

There’s a little bit about it, here, but no real academic paper citations:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/testing-iceland-claims-major-success-covid-19-70484165

1 Like

:scream:

I never thought about wild game. This is good info.
I would probably only eat it at The Buckhorn Exchange in Denver. Maybe The Fort in Morrison. But even then it’s unlikely. I think venison is too gamey.
The most exotic I’ve eaten is crocodile in Australia. kangaroo was still illegal most of my time there, and I don’t know if I could bring myself to eat it anyway. I’ve had Rocky Mountain Oysters at Buckhorn; but that’s not something I’d order on the regular.

Bison is the most exotic thing I eat regularly. DH thinks it’s suuuuuuper funny to work in that I’m eating Ralphie. :unamused:

It’s okay, Ralphie was probably raised on Ted Turner’s ranch near Bozeman, not in a pen on a game farm.

Plus, I don’t think there’s ever been any chronic wasting disease in bison, but there definitely has been in elk and deer.

@heathernoel a little more info for you
again, not a paper but now. you know to start digging into info on Denmark, Iceland, Finland. Also maybe check Germany, there were some reports they didn’t do as well.

Ralphie V was born at Ted’s ranch in NM. :grinning:

The had to retire her this past season, even before the season ended. She was getting faster in her older age.

Ralphie IV was born at Ted’s ranch near Bozeman. She had been the victim of a coyote attack as a newborn and abandoned.

Ralphie II was found standing alone next to her mother, who had died in during labor.

1 Like

Well, there you go! It’s A Small (buffalo) World after all.

1 Like

Thank you! I think I heard on the news that I France, opening schools didn’t lead to an increase, so I will look into that too. There is so much fear here about opening schools, but I am so worried about kids who are either in danger at home, or who will never recover from the lost opportunity, I think all information must be considered!

Also: prions. Little buggers have kept me from being able to donate blood since 1997. (I lived in England for 7 months, 4 of which were during the “mad cow years”. And I didn’t even eat red meat).

1 Like

Me too!! Lived there for 2 1/2 years and did eat the meat though.

Because I was there at the “end” many of my friends didn’t eat meat. I was also dirt poor so there was that! I actually got turned screened out of donating bone marrow after a match :frowning:

The Spanish Flu didn’t effect children more. It did effect those in their prime of live more.
The reason is that the the body has its strongest defense response to the first flu it sees and a bit less to each new flu after that. After that it has a strong response to a flu of the same type. Children were safe because they were children and had strong defensive reactions. The elderly were safe because their bodies had seen one of the same type as kids. Those in their prime of life were hit hard with it because they had neither things going for them. Trouble is, they were also of the age that many had small children.