Mask lanyards

I was going to post this in the larger mask thread, but figured it would get lost there and some folks with upcoming trips might find it helpful.

Our trip was in May right after they switched from masking everywhere all the time, to masking indoors only. So there was a lot of mask on/mask off happening. At the last minute I grabbed these lanyards off of Amazon and they were a lifesaver! There’s a lot of options out there but these worked for us.
Migeec 8 Pack Face Mask Lanyard for Women Men Adjustable Length Mask Holder Handy Convenient Comfortable Around The Neck Facemask Rest & Ear Saver - Easy On & Off, Mix Color https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08NVT3XN1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_EF7FVT7JV0Y4AATMMVGM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I will rarely post pictures of myself here (or anywhere), but in service of the greater good, here is me and DS with our lanyards in action! And the tree. :heart_eyes:

(ETA: darn it! DS seems to have taken his lanyard off for this photo. Oh well, you get the idea…)

9 Likes

We found them helpful too.
Although our sunglasses straps and mask straps got tangled together. Every time we ate I had to take everything off and detangle.

2 Likes

I have a doohickey on my lanyard to hold my mask

1 Like

Another mask lanyard fan here! I use these and love them (they also make my favorite masks):

https://schoolmaskpack.com/collections/mask-accessories

If you like to be fancy, these lanyards from white house black market are really beautiful. They are little heavier, but you know, fashion -

A Mickey carabiner!! I may need some of these!!

2 Likes

Ooh, and the White House black market ones can be a necklace when we’re all done wearing masks forever! (Hopefully soon.) Tempting!!

2 Likes

Thank you couldn’t remember the name. It came with my Vera bradly lanyard but DD found a bunch in different shapes at Disney warehouse store

1 Like

I have a lot of carabiner attached to various park bags from over the years…none of them are Mickey shaped though.

Will search!!

1 Like

Atzystyle 4 Pack Adjustable Face Mask Lanyard - Convenient and Comfortable Holder Around Neck for Masks - Fashion Strap, Handy, and Safety Hanger - Facemask Rest, Ear Saver Fits for Kids and Adult https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DLCG44T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KSEESDESW6BKWPTK92CM

I just ordered these. I will try to remember to follow up and review.

I have those ones too. They don’t work w/ Disney masks b/c the loops are too wide for the clasp. But I use them for my disposable K95s all the time.

1 Like

I didn’t think about them not being big enough but I’m sure I can hack it somehow. I dont have any Disney masks and I think most of mine are thin straps. Thanks for bringing that up so I check ahead of time.

1 Like

The packaging came w/ some duhickies for glasses that I adapted, but the

works for the Disney masks.

1 Like

Truth be told, the ones I bought were a little tight to get on the mask loops. But since I only switched them out once a day, I managed to squeeze them in there. I wore mostly Disney masks (they are my favorites, actually) but the rest of my party had all kinds of masks.

2 Likes

Hmm…I am going to have to look for a lanyard that has attachements for thicker loops. Our cloth masks defintely have much thicker loops.

1 Like