Marvel Cinematic Universe

Better movie, more popcorn. :popcorn:

7 Likes

Pretty sure that one’s on AMC…

4 Likes

The Valkyrie-esque stuff is ordered for my MNSSHP costume - thank you Prime Day!! It’s a t-shirt and not a sweatshirt (come on - late August in Orlando? No way am I doing a sweatshirt), and the shorts are just light grey, no stripe, and I’ll do black tennis shoes. But it’s “ish”!!

7 Likes

I just watched the concluding episode of Ms. Marvel. Lots of good stuff! Tons of action. I can see why there is a very big, obvious warning on the opening screen. This episode wraps things up nicely. But this is Marvel, so stay for the credits. It will be very interesting to see what The Marvels movie has.

3 Likes

I wanted to love this movie - I loved Ragnarok, I was so excited for it, but I really kind of didn’t and now seeing how many of you loved it I’m sad! But a few things just really didn’t hit for me:

I found Gorr to be too creepy, he didn’t seem like he belonged in this franchise. In fact I felt like the whole thing was a weird mashup - Gorr belonged in a DC movie, the jokes were pure Marvel, the cancer subplot was from a Hallmark movie, and the random dumpling god, while adorable, seemed like it came from the Lego movie.

Also the thing with Gorr kidnapping the kids really upset me, and when they fought back I absolutely burst into tears and not in a good way, it just seemed too close to what some people seem to think the response to school shootings should be - taken hostage by a bad guy? Arm yourself and fight back! I just really hated that.

5 Likes

“the cancer subplot was from a Hallmark movie” This part is straight from the comics.

“the jokes were pure Marvel”. I think they were trying too hard.

All in all, I enjoyed it, but I really missed Loki being in it.

3 Likes

Thanks for that info. I am not familiar with the comics, but I loved the whole movie.

Given that I’ve seen online whining about the cancer trope, I’m glad to know that it is canon. (Not sure that helps those who wanted trigger warnings because of it…but those are people like me who are not familiar with the comics clearly.)

3 Likes

Regarding Gorr… I think the next phase of Marvel is going in a darker direction - exhibit A: Moon Knight; exhibit B: Dr. Strange In The Multiverse of Madness. So in that respect he fits.

3 Likes

I agree.

3 Likes

Just watched the Ms. Marvel finale! I really enjoyed this show. I loved learning about other traditions by seeing something and then looking it up to learn more.

Watch after the credits!

I was pretty sure Carol was going to show up at some point, but it was so fun to see her! I’m also pretty sure Bruno just told us the X-Men are joining the MCU!!! FINALLY!! I am really excited about that! After Thor my favorite guy is Wolverine :grin:

4 Likes

That can’t be right. Shouldn’t it be Loki?

2 Likes

He’s good too :grin:

2 Likes

I just got back to this thread because I hadn’t seen L&T yet. Wanted to say - I agree with not being able to picture Bradley Cooper as Rocket. Even in the videos where you watch him voice the character - there’s still a disconnect: Bradley Cooper as Rocket Raccoon - Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray Featurette Clip 4 - YouTube
Bradley Cooper's Voice for Rocket - YouTube

As for Love & Thunder…I did think it was a little TOO Taika if that makes any sense. Though I was in tears laughing from the screaming goats. I liked, but didn’t love it.

This post from Chris Hemsworth’s Instagram though… :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: [spoiler]Chris Hemsworth on Instagram: "Here’s two pics of me and my daughter. One was the first time she was on set 11 years ago, the other is the most recent on Thor: Love and Thunder. She’s my favourite superhero."

8 Likes

Awwww!

4 Likes

Yes that IG is :heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Saw Love and Thunder tonight :partying_face:

I LOVED IT!!!

It wasn’t quite as top quality as Ragnarok, but it was never going to be with Portman in it. I didn’t think she spoiled it too badly overall.

My favourite bit was the November Rain sequence. Epic!!! I also loved Melissa McCarthy’s appearance :rofl::rofl::rofl: So much to love about this movie.

Korg’s heritage…

In Ragnarok, he said he tried to start a revolution but only his mum and her boyfriend showed up because he hadn’t printed enough pamphlets. Is that now non-canon? Or is there some kind of unsaid thing where we assume he calls one of his dad’s ‘mum’? Or something else that I’m not clued up enough about to understand??

Also, was that Bradley Cooper as Hercules in the end scene??

Now I’m only behind on the Ms Marvel series. Looking forward to watching that, but it’ll probably be a couple of weeks yet… In the meantime, I still appreciate the blur spoilers for chat about that :+1:t2:

5 Likes

It is Roy Kent from Ted Lasso! His name is Brett Goldstein.

6 Likes

For a limited time only:rofl::rofl: Loved that!!

Oh I missed that completely. What part was that?

I would’ve preferred if the steroids hadn’t cleared up the Jeff Goldblum infection :wink::star_struck:

5 Likes

Googled him. He doesn’t look anything like Bradley, so I don’t know where I got that from :woman_shrugging:t4::rofl:
Not someone I’ve seen before.

5 Likes

Did you stay after the credits? :wink:

3 Likes