March Hotwire Deals

Some new ones finally showed up on Priceline for April, so some to practice on there!

1 Like

I am looking into booking through Hotwire hidden deals for a non-Disney trip. I have a few questions.

Is the ‘last person got’ note a sure thing? Or a potential mis-direct?
Where/how do you compare the review counts you mentioned? Is this against the regular deal for the same resort?

“Last person got” clue is iffy at best. In one of my last posts I even posted an example: the deal said last person got Pop, but the deal was clearly Movies.

The review counts will show a lot of the time on hidden deals - but usually not for Disney resorts. I’m not sure how common they are on all resorts outside of the Disney Areas, I have mainly focused on those on Hotwire.

They’ll also usually show on the non-hidden deals. So, the simple trick is sort deals by price, find a hidden deal that looks interesting and then scroll down to the non-hidden deals and find the resort that matches all the things you can see.

Here’s a Waldorf example from April. Note, the crossed off price on the hidden deal these seems to almost ALWAYS be off by $1.

If you notice, even the few amenities shown on each match in this example - but I haven’t tracked how common or good a clue that is so far on Hotwire.

1 Like

Also, beware the low % off rates, like 10-11% off (or maybe more): once you add hidden deal fees in they might cost as much or more as a non-hidden refundable rate or a deal from the hotel’s own web site.

ATDM
Always. Do. the. Math.

Thank you. That’s super helpful. One of the hotels I was looking at has a ‘3rd night free’ deal right now, which made it cheaper than Hotwire and also included free parking.

This paragraph from your post was very helpful too: Takeaway: I suggest you ignore those hints and use the usual comparison techniques: star and guest ratings, location, and for tie-breakers, compare sub-guest ratings (there are usually 4 of them somewhere on the listing). For extra credit, watch out for mandatory resort fees. Disney resorts do NOT have them.

1 Like