March 8 Big Crowds

Curious as to why March 8 is a 10 crowd. Mardi Gras school close is the week before and spring breaks haven’t start. Anyone know what is bringing crowds for that day?

No clue, but counting colleges, “Spring Break” basically rolls from mid-late Feb through Easter/Passover

March is still considered “Spring Break” month. Another reason could be because Flower & Garden starts that month.

That is odd for that particular day, especially because it’s a Tuesday and the days around it are not 10. I wouldn’t think much of it at this point, maybe a data glitch. That will most likely change to a 7 or 8 as the time gets closer.

2 Likes

This was my question as well. I’ve never been to WDW during '10’s" Think the numbers will go down?

Welcome!

I think I read that TP will not have a crowd calendar update until February.

I’m sticking to my previous 7-8 range, but just a guess!

Here were the levels from the last “normal” year:

Thanks! I will just my eyes open for any updates.

1 Like

Ugh… I’m sure many of you got the TP notice today about extended park hours for the first week of March? I know I should be happy, but…
A) It just confirms that crowds are going to be heinous,
B) RD’ing is going to be even more painful than I expected,
C) The new Extended Evening Theme Park Hours for MK (11PM to 1AM) are not going to be happening for my family, so I’m bummed. I was looking forward to this, but it’s just too late.

1 Like

Supportive Heart

I’m there then too. I warned my family today that all signs indicate huge crowds. And yeah, my mom was not excited about the idea of staying until 1am!

1 Like

I do know that one of the big cheer competitions will be there around that date. A friend of ours is going and i think they said that they are there the 8th through 13th

1 Like

:grimacing: :frowning_face: :weary: (No offense to your friend, of course.)

1 Like

Heck, even my college-age kids don’t want to stay at MK that late! I also planned poorly… I should have anticipated WDW extending park hours and I scheduled AK for the next morning (which now opens at 7:30 AM).

1 Like

I know, my day is kind of a mess now too. Thankfully the next day is a resort day for us. Right now we have a 9:15am BBB-type makeover in the hotel, then we check out, 12:30pm Steakhouse 71, and 5:30 CRT. I’m hoping our new room is ready early so that we can swing by on the way to lunch, but I’m not counting on it.

1 Like

I have now pushed my Steakhouse 71 back to 1:30 and have set a reservation finder for CRT with the assumption that the restaurant hours will be extended. Even just starting an hour later will help hopefully!

1 Like

I can’t get over the 7:30 am opening for AK during our trip! The only time we’ve gone at a busy time was Thanksgiving in 2007 and 2008, and things are obviously different now, but I know my college-age kids aren’t going to be up for 7:30 for AK!

1 Like