Marathon Weekend 2024

It’s possible! Again, nothing final until the event guide gets published. But this is a possible clue

1 Like

Still waiting for the race maps to drop…

On the brighter side, today was my last day of work until after MW! Also, three more runs until my taper begins!!!

Hang in there everyone. We are almost there.

5 Likes

If Wine & Dine is what we go by, maybe next weel?

2 Likes

Race maps for the 10k/half/full were dropped earlier this evening!

10k USATF • Course Certificate

half: USATF • Course Certificate

Full: USATF • Course Certificate

3 Likes

Looks like we are similar to last year. The new start looks interesting.

We hit expedition everest about two miles sooner than last year.

… my least favorite mile returns between 19 & 20.

I was hoping to get some of Galaxy’s Edge…we are heading toward the backdoor around mile 21! Oh well.

2 Likes

I think in my year we did that awful parking lot but went right, not left, as we exited, and entered HS by ToT. This loops the other way? I can only see the certificate not the course in the link above. I am curious where this one will enter HS?

1 Like

Scroll down a bit. These aren’t the pretty course designs that Disney artists render. These are the designs that show how the course is the exact distance specified.

1 Like

I found it somewhere else. It’s definitely different than my course. By the time I left AK I was at mile 19, and that horrid Blizzard Beach parking lot was mile 21.

But, miles 19-21 were a couple of my absolute favorite miles EVER.

There was NOTHING out there. No traffic, no spectators, no course support that was visible, no entertainment. Nothing. Just the road and us runners. And everyone bonded together and was cheering one another on, loudly. It was a core memory. And I have loved having my daughter living at Flamingo Crossing because I’ve driven those miles more than a few times in the last 6 months and it warms my heart every time.

2 Likes

The guy that found the last 3 races just stumbled onto the 5k Course Certification:

5k: USATF • Course Certificate

2 Likes

It will be nice to finally run through epcot without all of the walls!

1 Like

Event guide is live!

https://rundisneyexpo.run/

1 Like

3 Likes

Thanks
Do you think the Food between mile 15 and 16 will be banana?
I need to know where my bananas will be :grimacing:

1 Like

No clue. I’m grabbing what I think is important information from the source. Unless rD tells us what’s on each table, I won’t know.

I know
But also
Bananas :banana:
And if I focus on that maybe I won’t freak about the whole thing staring me down

1 Like

There were bananas on the way out of AK

They were the grossest bananas I’ve ever seen but they were there

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I think they were gross because by then it was very warm out and they were baking in the sun - I remember it smelled like banana bread because I could smell them so much!

How many bananas do you need? Can you carry your own?

1 Like

Just one but if I am carrying it it will be mush by then. I’m actually trying to figure out how to carry all my snacks as is. Here it is cold and I run with my fleece with zip pockets. Probably won’t need that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I can not handle the vests. My run belt is already full. . . I think I’m just getting myself in a tizzy about the details bc I’m so very worried about making it across with hopefully an Everest ride and a Margarita. I already have plans to sharpie some times on my arm so I don’t have to think.

1 Like

Oh dang because that was going to be my suggestion. My vest held so much stuff.

But if it doesn’t work for you, it doesn’t work.

2 Likes