Managing family/friends in My Disney Experience

Going to WDW in April. Did a practice run this morning for ROTR and saw that I still have a bunch of family from a trip in 2016. I want to delete them out so that when I hit Select All it doesn’t grab extraneous people and possibly prevent me from getting a BG. But when I go to delete them from my account, it says “Because ____ has active admission or plans, they cannot be removed at this time.”

None of them have active admissions or plans. I took one of them and deactivated magic bands and tickets from that trip, thinking that may be the issue, but it didn’t help at all.

Anyone have any suggestions? Will having them selected when I try to get a BG affect my ability to get a BG?

1 Like

same exact issue as i’m preparing for my trip. would love to know the answer!

1 Like

I have emailed customer service through the portal. We will see what they say.

1 Like

I decided to bang around the app and that worked. If you delete them in the app, it will delete them entirely from your profile. Not sure why it can only be done in the app, but I then checked the website and the changes were there.

1 Like

Glad that worked out. MDE can be a pain to play around with. Either way though, I don’t believe the extra people on the list have any effect on your BG. You don’t need to click “select all” anymore, as the system lets you bypass that step by automatically grabbing just those from your list with an active ticket and HS park reservation to include in the BG.

2 Likes

Thanks. I did a test this morning, and I guess since I don’t have an active park reservation for today, it made me Select All. Either way, the people in my list could be deleted, as I doubt I’ll make another trip with them anytime soon.

1 Like

The app seems to know who in your party is with you with a park reservation and ticket. I Have too many ppl in MDE but this morning when going for a BG it just showed those in today’s park reservation. Don’t know if this helps

1 Like

This was true for me as well. I have inactive people on my friends and family group, but when I went to try for a BG last Thursday, it only grabbed the four of us in the park.

3 Likes