Make sure you wear “proper” masks

You could $pend half the amount and get a real mask that actually offered protection too… Those masks are expensive and for what purpose?

Amazon.com: AHOTOP KN95 Face Masks, 30 Pack Individually Muticolored Wrapped Designer Face Mask, 5 Layers Breathable & Comfortable KN95 Mask, for Teens, Women, Men, Filter Efficiency ≥95% : Tools & Home Improvement

2 Likes

Ah, but then where would we get this delicious schadenfreude?!?

4 Likes

exactly my point. The site we’re talking about (not sure if that’s where OP actually got theirs from still) is nothing but a grift.

It’s like the Bob Chapek of sites! Spend more for less!

3 Likes

It’s obviously pandering in hopes of making a cheap buck. Mainstream Christianity is nothing like Biblical (authentic) Christianity, though most are willing to throw the baby out with the bath water without a second thought.

3 Likes

Folks who buy from this site don’t care what it costs. They are actively looking for a way to get around the requirement and hoping no one actually calls them on it.

And when they do get called on it, they pretend to be offended and that they are in the right.

8 Likes

Oh I know, but like I said, they’re going through all the motions and getting nothing but negatives. There’s zero positives here other than “I fooled’em!” and even then…didja? Didja really? Or did they just not feel like calling you on it at the time?

I guess that’s enough for some :man_shrugging: I mean, I do understand, I used to feel this way. But then I turned…7. :smirk:

7 Likes

Love this word that seems to be becoming more prevalent :wink: I guess a sign of the times

3 Likes

when you get a minute, look up Avenue Q’s schadenfreude on youtube. :slight_smile:

(uh, I just listened… and I had forgot some of the lyrics, so be warned, strong language )

3 Likes

I’m not ascared :rofl:

3 Likes

Based on your prior posts planning for this trip, it sounds like you were under a lot of pressure to have a good time for your kids. As you said early in this post, you marathoned all four parks in three days. Add to that the exhaustion from the rain and waiting in line for your most anticipated ride, I understand your frustration at the CM at the ride entrance. And also, they were just doing their job. No one is going to look at your masks when you’re outdoors in line. They are not required to be worn in that environment. It’s not that CM’s fault that no one else at the other rides/travel had you change masks. I’m glad they did what they could by giving you a rider swap-line skipping pass.

The stress around planning and executing a Disney trip is difficult at best. It has the potential to actually ruin the trip. No one wants that. The whole point in going to Disney is to forget our outside troubles and live inside the magic, if only for a couple of days. I hope this experience doesn’t sour your memory of the whole trip and you’re able to remember the parts of the trip that brought your family together and created lasting memories.

12 Likes

I am going to lock this thread in response to community concerns.

8 Likes