Main Street Electrical Parade!

7 Likes

So jealous!! This will always be my favorite!!

Attendance must be really low! If SWGE can’t do it, maybe MSEP will!

2 Likes

So plans are already in the works to attend this. I have never seen this parade. It was before I became Disneyfied.

4 Likes

I love it. I first saw in the MK back in the late 70s/early 80s.

2 Likes

It’s quintessential retro Disney! You have to check it out. The funky music will stick in your head for days (years?).

3 Likes

It is DD6’s absolute favorite of all Disney parades. She saw it once in WDW 3 yrs ago & then at it’s “farewell” run (at least that’s how it was advertised) in DL in 2017. We made sure to see it 3-4x on our very last trip that it was going to be around in DL in Aug 2017. Ever since she has cried at the mention of it or any playing of the music bc we set up expectations that it was a high likelihood it wouldn’t return.

So strong was her emotion that the hubby promised her if it ever, ever one day happened to return we would be there, or at least do everything in our power to get to to it one more time.

And so guess who is now planning a trip in Aug :rofl:

5 Likes

Maybe I will see you there :wink:

2 Likes

Ooo that would be such a treat!

1 Like

For those who may not have seen it and wonder what the discussion is about…

4 Likes

I miss this at DW so much - it is my favorite thing. Wish I could go…

1 Like

I can still hear the “Mr. Roboto” style voice in my head introducing the parade as it begins, and the synth music.

ETA: Okay. So thanks, @bswan26, for posting the link to the YouTube video. 30 seconds in, and it actually started bringing me to tears. I guess I didn’t realize how nostalgic I feel about it!

2 Likes

I adore it!

The year I did the Goofy Challenge, it was still running at WDWwas not scheduled to run any of the nights I was there and I was sooooo sad. BUT the day my friend and I were in MK, we headed into the Emporium to kill time before staking a spot for Wishes! and she needed to make a phone call to a friend. I was looking at something and suddenly heard Baroque Hoedown start and that voice and literally screamed and ran out of the store. My friend was like “Um, Beth just screamed and ran out. I should see what is happening.” Because it wasn’t really announced, it was pretty easy to grab a last-minute spot to see it.

That was the icing on what has been my best day at WDW so far!

5 Likes

my best memory of it is tied into 3 parts.

I made it a point to see it in 2016, as I had never seen it and it was a must-do, and staked out a spot for over 45 minutes (which ended up to be totally not needed). The people I was waiting around were all super nice (totally contrary to what I was expecting). Kids were let in front, everyone was making sure everyone else could see, and everyone making space for strangers. One woman even made sure she wasn’t blocking my camera view and I had to reassure her multiple times she was completely fine. Really setting the tone for the rest of the trip.

Parade goes through, and it’s delightful. I then headed back to the Contemporary to watch Wishes and the Electrical Water Pageant (which was the plan) and after they were done I realized i was still running off a surplus of Disney-Energy™… so since sleep was out of the question, I hoofed it back down to MK and ran into the parade again unexpectedly (to me). Catching it twice in one night after never seeing it was a real treat.

Once the trip was over and I got back to my car at the airport, readying for the long ride home, I had completely forgot I prepped my stereo to begin playing the minute I started the car. For years I’ve owned the “Disney Parks” soundtrack and the first track was always ignored because it was a song I didn’t recognize, because whatever it was connected to we never saw (pfff, I ain’t reading the pamphlet that says what it’s from). Turns out track 1 was the MSEP Soundtrack. Immediately, all the memories of the first night came flooding back and just how amazing the vacation was.

It was probably right then and there I was officially hooked on Disney (well, for the second time I guess… I never really wasn’t hooked since going as a kid. It just proved the first trip wasn’t a fluke).

2 Likes

These right here are all my reasons for loving this parade in any capacity. For me, singly it was alright, but this little one just made sure I developed deeper feelings for it. It also doesn’t hurt that the Cinderella float is SO beautiful, and Elliot & Pete are so amazing and Peter Pan is in it. So all good things!

4 Likes

My very favorite parade. I LOVED it as a kid. Then when I took my daughter to WDW for the first time the trip went horribly wrong. But she loved this parade.

I am a manipulative parent, and after that trip I did this thing where I only talked about the good parts so that would be all she remembered :innocent: It worked, but MEP was the cornerstone of those efforts.

1 Like