Magical Vacations Travel Reviews 2019

Hi All,

I’ve read some very positive reviews about MVT but they are a bit outdated (Jan '18). Are they still as good as they were in the past? I am considering using them for our upcoming trip in early 2020.

TIA!

I’m using them for our upcoming trip in 2020. We got a quote at Pop that I am happy with. We had some hiccups with things, but our agent has been very sweet and super helpful. So far, I’d use them again.

1 Like

The deals aren’t as good as they used to be. But agency wise, they’re fine. Used them without a problem in June and using them again in October.

1 Like

I have been using them in the past and couldn’t brag enough about them. That said it was in the past and my next booking is this October. Since Star Wars opens the end of August 2019, plans for next year via MVT are only rack rates so far. Except for Pop, there really aren’t much in the discount offering as of yet and may not be at all. Our next trip is in April 2020 and is booked via MVT with no discounts what so ever. Have a AP now so I should be able to use that for a discount if nothing else. Wait and see if anything else becomes available for a discounted rate.

1 Like

Actually, they have slowly been added other resorts to their early 2020 exclusives. The dates seem much more limited so far and many offers are still only including Pop. If you book with them and Disney releases a great deal your MVT will happily adjust your booking to the better deal.

1 Like

I always keep an eye on this page

https://www.saveatwdw.com/resorts

3 Likes

We used them for our 2018 trip and got a good deal on POR. We are using them again for our 2020 trip, but there aren’t any agency exclusives yet for our trip dates. They are giving first priority to anyone already booked with them when and if they are released.

1 Like

Yep, so they say. I have Darcy as an agent and that’s what she said.

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! I currently have everything booked thru Disney. Would it make sense to re-book with MVT and hope they get deals??

You can transfer your reservation to a TA.

1 Like

oh, I can?

I can 100% recommend them. We were in Orlando, starting our trip off by staying off site and getting excited for our on site stay at the Polynesian at the end of the week, when we had a family emergency come up and had to leave before we could have our stay at the Poly. Our agent was so reassuring and handled everything quickly for us. I’m grateful for her because I had to handle a lot of other things myself and it was nice to have one less thing to worry about. We have used the same agent three times in the past and it has all been great.

1 Like

Yes, you would have to contact the agency or an agent of your choice. There is a form you complete that can be sent over email and they take care of the transfer.

Thanks!

1 Like

I don’t see why at this point unless you are staying at POP or you are going this current year. The specials for 2020 are almost nonexistent via MVT and the only thing you are able to do at this point is book at rack rates and hope a discount becomes available in 2020. So far POP is the exception as there are some discounts in 2020 via MVT.

1 Like

I’ve been working with Kim M. since March of this year. First of all, my package was about $700 cheaper trough them than booking directly through Disney. Second, I’ve bugged this poor woman no less than 24 times with adding a day, adding an extra park ticket day, going from three days to four days at Art of Animation, going from 4 days to 3 days at Port Orleans, asking her to run prices for free dining promotions, etc. She’s been great, is helping with room requests, has my Magical Express stuff taken care of and I really couldn’t recommend them enough.

It actually depends on when you are going. Yes, Pop is the first resort added but there are at least two 2020 offers that are adding resorts:

These offers are in the link I provided above.

Blockquote

I don’t see why at this point unless you are staying at POP or you are going this current year. The specials for 2020 are almost nonexistent via MVT and the only thing you are able to do at this point is book at rack rates and hope a discount becomes available in 2020. So far POP is the exception as there are some discounts in 2020 via MVT.

Blockquote

I would pretty much agree with this. Except for that one caveat you mentioned. If you’re already booked through MVT, they can retroactively add any discounts or deals to your reservation after its already booked. So if it’s going to cost the same as Disney anyway, you might as well have somebody looking out for you in case a deal happens down the road that allows you to save some money.

1 Like