Magical Express Transporation

How long should I expect it to take from landing at MCO to our resort (AoA)? We land at 1:30, and I was really hoping to get to our resort, check in (we have done the online check in) and get to Epcot for the late afternoon/evening.

We are packing carry-on only. I’m wondering if we should book a car/limo instead, just so I can be sure of getting to the resort in a timely fashion and not wasting too much park time! Time vs. cost. The endless question.

It depends a lot on how long you have to wait for the bus to fill up, traffic, and how many stops are before your resort. You could potentially make it to the park by around 4ish. Maybe sooner but there is no real way to know for sure.

I would give 60-75 minutes from MCO to resort, at least. Often the ME buses handle 2-3 different resorts. I’m pretty sure AOA and POP share, but it depends on the volume I suppose. Then give yourself about 20-30 minutes to check in and/or drop your stuff at bell services (especially if you are on the dining plan. if you are on the DDP, you need to check in to activate the plan).

I love having a car. That being said, it sounds like you’re doing a quick trip (with carry on only). I think you’d be ok with ME and the time savings won’t equal the $$ savings for a car.

We landed at 12:15 and were at AoA at around 1:45. Room was ready a little after 2. I packed our swimsuits on our carry on and we swam for a little bit then headed to the parks. You can check any bags you don’t want to bring and pick them up when you are back from the park if your room isn’t ready. Have fun! We just got back from AoA and I LOVED it there!

We went at the end of October. AoA had it’s own bus at that time and we practically walked off the plane and onto the bus. There was no line. Our plane landed at 1:10 pm and we were checking into our room at 2:30 pm. When we went in 2012 at the same time of year, we had an 11:50 am arrival, and we did have to wait for about 45 min for the ME, but still had plenty of time to check in, take a nap, and make a 5 pm ADR that day. I think it’s definitely doable.

And I’ll also add that we had checked in online prior to our arrival. As we were walking into Animation Hall, a CM greeted us and verified our check-in with her iPad. She immediately gave us our room number, and the whole process took about 2-3 minutes tops!

Thank you everyone. I think I just need to relax and figure we will get there when we get there. I don’t feel the need to settle into our room before going to the parks, even if it’s ready, so that is one time savings.

I have FPP starting at 3:30 that afternoon, but if we don’t make it to Epcot by 4:30, we will just miss that one. It’s the Character Spot, so I’m not too worried about it. I do hope to make Soarin’, but that’s 4:30 - 5:30, I’m sure we can make that one.

Thanks again for calming me down!

1 Like