Magic Kingdom worth the crowds? Advice needed

So I’m heading to Orlando this March and was able to get a few extra days at the end to spend in WDW. Since this is last minute, I have no fastpasses yet, no tickets yet, we won’t be able to do three full days and the crowd calendar has Magic Kingdom at 8 and 9 do you think its worth it? The days we are looking at are March 17th - 19th and we’d probably end up doing Early Morning Magic on the 19th to maximize our time, but still need to leave around 5 or 6pm. We don’t have an annual pass since we are only getting a one or two day ticket, plus they are startlingly expensive at almost $950 for three of us, including EMM.

I know being worth the time and expense is a subjective thing, but considering the high crowds would you do it? Especially knowing we just spent two weeks here in August and September. The Early Morning Magic will be helpful getting Fantasyland done and to be in the right spot for Tomorrowland rope drop. I’m just worried the rest of the day will be wasted waiting in lines. I’m definitely going to do an Animal Kingdom day, but I spend a great deal of time wandering the trails and taking pictures so crowd levels there aren’t an issue.

How many people do you have? Even on CL10 day in Jan, I had quite a bit of luck getting SDFP using modify and refresh trick. We only used a few (reluctant to zigzag since we had a little one and a pregnant momma with us) but I saw quite a bit popping up as I snagged the ones we needed. We had a party of 6. Did have to do quite a bit of overlapping times.

1 Like

You aren’t at 30 days yet, so even if you’re staying offsite you’ll be able to get lots of good fastpasses (just not the very top ones).
You can see availability here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236
Check somewhere like Undercover Tourist for the best rates on shorter stay tickets.
We’re there those days and I’m pretty confident with a good Touring plan it’ll be great.
Why not set up a dummy one for the days and parks you want to go to and you can get an idea of what it thinks you’ll be able to achieve.

1 Like

If I were you, I’d do a trial TP to see how the numbers are fleshing out. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised. Also, there will be FPs available, just not the headliners.

1 Like

Yeah, I would do it. Make a custom touring plan, get what FastPasses you can, and then make heavy use of the refresh and modify trick, and optimize, optimize optimize. You’ll get way more done than you think.

1 Like